Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, January 9, 2014

It's Been A Short While

Yes it has.  It's been a short while since I blogged, mid December.  Life took over and filled my every hour and thought. 

We had a wonderful December, a beautiful God filled family filled Christmas with way too many blessings than we can begin to count.  And we've had some pretty cold weather for our little piece of earth here that we call home.  Florida, always full of surprises.

But then January came.  January 1 came and went like any other new good beginning.  Then January 2 came.  It didn't leave us in love with life.  It left us sad and drifted into January 3 with no sleep, feeling even more sad and seeking God for every ounce of energy, understanding, peace, and normalcy.  We lost a dear loved one suddenly in the evening hours of January 2.  The phone calls came, we all hurried around, we all sunk into devastation. It all happened so fast.  And it is really not real yet, but it is.  We've gathered, prayed, hugged, prayed, talked, prayed, laughed a little, prayed, remembered, prayed, ate more food than we really wanted, prayed, and have truly felt the wisdom, peace, and understanding from our God.  But we're still so sad.  It's foggy.  So here is the rest of January. 

Transitioning from Christmas to New Years writer's block had already started setting in as it usually does this time of year.  I like the cold weather outside, I do not love it. I can't think of anything interesting to take pictures of.  I have so much that I really can blog about and show you, but spring will breath new life into this ole' soul and I'll grab the camera then with thoughts racing through my mind. 

I'm in the middle of pre-spring cleaning which I do when I undecorate after Christmas and redecorate for our everyday comfort.  It's going slow, it's really just started happening.  It won't be to my satisfaction for a while yet. 

Have a wonderful week and weekend.  Stay warm n cozy wherever you are. 

 

   

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to read of your loss. Prayers!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your sudden loss, will keep you and yours in my thoughts.
    I understand about writer's block; it's been frigid here and the block will probably last until spring.
    Sending warm hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so sorry to hear that, never prepared for anything like that. Big Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.