Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Early Autumn

It's that time of year.  Some mornings feel slightly breezy, some evenings slightly breezy.  The middle hot and muggy, or rainy and steamy.  No matter how slow Florida is ringing in autumn (which I know is not officially here yet), I still decorate.  I like to decorate a little earlier than most so I can enjoy it.  I'll do that for Christmas too. 

My super talented hubby has been working on the bathroom and hallway for most of the summer and it's at the final stages now so I was able to clean up real good and decorate without the fear of everything getting moved or messed up. 

So please come on inside our little farmhouse.  Grab a cup of coffee and let's enjoy the early autumn atmosphere.  We can pretend like it's chilly outside. 

I do love my Amish dolls my mom made me years ago.
 
This wood is new on the hallway walls.  Re purposed, scrap, reclaimed!  We do love the old stuff.  

We've already had hot boiled peanuts so many times this year.  It seems like they are early, maybe because of all the rain we had all summer. 

I'm in the mood to bake a Zucchini Bread.  Maybe a Pumpkin Bread. 

We still have some flooring issues to fix and the threshold strips under each new door.  We got our favorite picture hung.  This is a picture we brought home from a trip to the Smoky Mountains years ago when we were dating.  It has always hung somewhere throughout our little home. 







 
Thank you for dropping by Lillie Mae Acres.  I'll hopefully be able to take some pictures of the front porch tomorrow.  I didn't do too much to it this year because the front door needs repainting. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Morning, oh that was a great cup of coffee and love your cozy home. Wonderful displays, love this time of year and pumpkins, yay!!!! Thanks for the invite, always a pleasure, Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.