Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Just Had to Decorate

Happy Happy Happy 4th of July.  God bless America.

I said I wasn't going to decorate but I just couldn't help myself.  I bet you decorated too. 

 
We plan on grilling burgers and hot dogs if the weather will let us.  It would be nice to get in the pool.  There's a lot of rain and storms in the forecast though.  I still just couldn't see us having to eat burgers and hot dogs in an undecorated kitchen.     

 
I just love my Amish dolls.  My beautiful mother made these for me years ago.  I had seen a set somewhere in the Smoky Mountains while there and could not afford them.  Or maybe I just didn't want to pay what they wanted.  Anyway, I knew my mother could make me a set.   

 
 
I'm loving the huge Lance jar.  Builder Man used to actually get crackers out of it in his grandmother's store, then it was also in his childhood kitchen for years.  He plans to remove the yucky gold looking paint someone put on the metal lid and return it to it's original red.   

 
My sweet niece sent this milk bottle to me from Missouri just after she moved there.  We don't have a milk service anywhere near us but they still do.  My mom helped me find an aluminum cover for my grandmother's beautiful glass cake plate.  Now it's complete. 

 
Don't you just love little flags?
 


 
I hope each of you have a wonderful day with family and friends, enjoying the holiday and staying safe. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.