Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Darling Little Thing

Sometimes I go and look around Hobby Lobby for fresh ideas even when I don't plan to buy anything in particular.   The other morning I saw the most darling little thing.  Beautiful blue wind chimes that I instantly knew would look good above my kitchen sink.  I know the real use for wind chimes is supposed to be outside but when have I ever followed the rules? 


 
I love them.  They added a touch of color to our little farmhouse kitchen.  I've been trying to add yellows and other spring colors while slowly taking away the reds. 
 
The other day before daylight, Rufus and I were outside (his choice not mine) enjoying the crisp air and him chasing after the ball a million times.  I really do like it out there before the sun comes up, while it's still wet and cool.  Knowing the coffee will be ready when I go back in the house.  I decided it was picture worthy so I ran back in for the ole' trusty camera.
 
 
This is our back door facing the driveway.  It's heavily used and we plan to build a cover over it hopefully this summer. 

 
There he is.  Our precious boy Rufus, and if you'll look in the lower left corner you'll see his ball.  It doesn't matter what we are outside doing, his only reason for being out there is to play ball. 

 
 
This afternoon after church, all of us got outside and did yard work.  It was so fun, and while I was riding the mower I looked around at Matthew doing his job, Wayne doing his, and Rufus going from one to the other with the ball in his mouth.  I thank God for our little family, our little home, and our land.  Most of all, I thank God for our health and love for one another.  The yards look beautiful.  This was the first yard work of the year.  Many more to come. 
 
So, what have you found recently that you just had to have for your little home sweet home?
 
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Denise!

    That chime is so adorable...love it! I've been going with light blues and greens in my living room lately. Just painted some shutters very pale blue! Love the spring colors too!

    Your entry looks sooo inviting!!! And Rufus is a cutie pie!!! Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rufus is adorable :) Love your chimes, they are very sweet. My daughter bought me some porcelain chimes years ago and I had them hanging indoors..until I decided to hang them outside on the front porch. They blew over and smashed....wish I kept them indoors!

    ~Robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet! I love Hobby Lobby, I worked there for a while and, although it was fun, it was dangerous! You could easily just spend your whole paycheck there. Lots of great ideas though. Have a happy day!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.