Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, March 31, 2013

Beautiful Easter - Beautiful Time of Year

 
 
It's that beautiful time of year.  Oh how thankful I am for my savior, and not just at this time each year, but everyday.  I hate that we couldn't celebrate this morning in church but my sweet Builder Man is so sick with the creeping crud.  We also had family coming over after church but have canceled because he's contagious.  Nobody else needs to get sick. 
 
I did go ahead with my plans of using PEEPS on a cake, after seeing all the beautiful little creations on Pinterest.  I'm not a PEEP lover but they are cute little creatures and can be easily removed before diggin' in to the delicious coconut cake, made from my mom's recipe.  When she makes this cake, we all really enjoy it.  But can I just say that the edible grass tastes nasty!  Good thing it can be easily removed too.    
 
I doubled my mom's recipe so I was able to make a few cupcakes.  I used my cupcake corer on them and filled them with yummy frosting.  Now to cut it afterwhile and YES, there's plenty of it and I'll have to take a lot of it to family.     

Did you make a PEEP cake? 
 

2 comments:

  1. Afternoon, ohhh, cake looks so good, very pretty......Easter Blessings to you and yours, Hugs Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear that Wayne is sick,especially on the day you had big plans for a celebration ! I hope he gets well soon !
    Your cake & cupcakes look so delicious & sooooo cute :)
    Enjoy your spring time at Lillie Mae Acres ~ luv u ♥

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.