Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Time Consuming.......Worth It Though

My latest completed project was so time consuming, but worth every minute.  Thanks to my favorite store Hobby Lobby, where almost everything can be found for a decorating project.  What did we ever do without that place?  If you don't have one in your neck of the woods, what nice craft store(s) do you shop at?  I'd love to know what's in other states. 

Back to the project though.  I wanted to make shadow boxes for part of the master bedroom redo.  Our furniture is large and chunky, from the 80s era.  We love it and it is very nice quality but have recently sold the headboard and large oversized mirror/hutch.  Builder Man will be making our new headboard to look like two old barn doors.  I will be changing out the knobs and pulls on the furniture pieces, and I'll also change out the glass inserts.  The dresser has one insert that you can see in these pics and the armoir has two.  The walls will be repainted after Builder Man takes the double window out and hangs the french door.  One small step at a time though.   

After living without the much too huge mirror for a while I've decided I don't want a new mirror.  I have mirrors in other places and I think the shadow boxes look so pretty there instead.   

The girl shadow box is my step daughter Stacey's and the boy one is Matt's.   I started seeing these all over Pinterest and decided I had to do this.  It's much prettier than just having everything packed away in the cedar chest.



 
There's no way I would really hang a shadow box from ribbon so that is all just for looks.  I hung the boxes by their hangers then measured and decided how high I wanted the pretty iron hangers, then affixed the ribbon.   

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on the shadowboxes !! I still have the dresses my daughters wore home from the hospital when they were born too !!
    I can't wait to see your new bedroom when builder man finishes it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these Denise! I need to do this for our bedroom, neat idea. I also love how you added the ribbon just for looks, it really helps them stand out, great thinking!

    Your bedroom is coming along nicely. That headboard is going to be beautiful! Can't wait to see it all finished! It is taking longer since you're doing it yourself but in the end, you are much more proud of it so that's the only way to go! =]

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.