Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Burlap Burlap Burlap & More

 
 
Hey there everyone. I guess by now everyone is getting settled back into their normal schedules and routines after Christmas and ringing in 2013. I crave normal after three months of celebrating, decorating, and eating. We kick into pre-spring cleaning and planning around here. Way too many projects are always rolling around in our creative DIY brains but that's what keeps us going.

I have always loved burlap. The earthy texture, the feel, even the smell. I'm adding a lot of burlap into our bedroom as I redecorate it. I'm sort of doing things backwards by doing the little projects first. The major projects for the bedroom are a french door, paint job, building a new headboard, and revamping the beautiful furniture that we've had for years.

Here are my two inspirational boards that I've gathered from online sources and what I already have.

Pinterest is the best invention ever! Don't you agree. My niece and I get into lengthy conversations about our pins and plans.
 
The above is a collection of pictures found on Pinterest and other online sites.  Our current lamps will look a lot like the one in the top left corner after we are done.  I have got to have oversized knobs to hang pictures on like top right.  I love the brushed bronze hardware from Lowes that I found and will be changing out the hardware on our nightstands, dresser, and armoir.  The little burlap flower is sold by Hobby Lobby but as you can see in the picture below I decided to make my own. 
Check out the precious little burlap birds I found last fall at Hobby Lobby.  How did any of us ever live without that big wonderful store?  They were spring items on clearance and you know me!  I check out them clearance isles religiously.  They sit in front of the toss pillows on our bed when it's made.  This morning I'm washing sheets so the bed isn't made. 
 
Well, as you can see it's pretty much back to normal around Lillie Mae Acres.  Our heads are spinning with ideas, plans, and projects. This is our normal.  What is your normal?

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures, I also love the rustic burlap....Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love burlap. Can't wait to see how you use it as you redecorate your bedroom. I have a burlap dust ruffle in my guest room.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job on the burlap flowers Denise, they're adorable !! The little birdies are cute too :) I'm ready to get some new things & spruce up this little cabin of mine too ! Enjoy your sweet lil home at Lillie Mae Acres ♥

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.