Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Getting All Spruced Up for Fall

I've been doing a whole lot of talking about getting this little farmhouse all spruced up for fall.  I finally got started on it, a few more things to do.



We love this time of year.  The weather is not making drastic changes here in Florida like it may be in your neck of the woods.  The leaves aren't really changing and falling, we don't have an old downtown full of nice shops getting decorated for upcoming fall celebrations.  Nothing really changes around town anytime soon so I feel like I have to work extra hard to create the atmosphere of fall right here for us.  Sure the big department stores are getting new fall and halloween items out to get everyone to start buying early.  I even see Christmas stuff out already. 

Tonight we're grilling chicken on the grill.  It's very warm here and it's rained all day.  I'm not complaining, I'm just keeping on decorating so our personal surroundings are beautiful and festive to us.



My mom and I went shopping today and I bought a beautiful fall sweather and scarf for the upcoming season.  Don't you just love the colors of fall?  How are things changing in your neck of the woods?









 
A lot more pictures to come.  Since a lot of construction is happening on and around the front porch, I can't decorate that are this year.  That's ok, there is always next year. 

3 comments:

  1. Hello, love the new look of your blog, wonderful. That is one beautiful fireplace, really great. You have done a fantastic job with the Fall decor,looks warm and inviting. I also love this time of year , our weather is cooler, leaves changing and falling already,and I bought my first pumpkin today,yey!!! Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's looking beautiful at Lillie Mae acres! We are slowly seeing changes here, hints of color on the trees, the goldenrods are out and the nights are cooling down,my favorite time of year here in PA:)How is the pup hunt coming along?? I saw 2 of the most gorgeous shepherds on a FB rescue page today, too bad Kiah doesn't do well with other dogs or I would have them both!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good girl, love the sunflowers! Your fall dishes are very pretty. The fall touches in with your Pfaltzgraff dishes is just perfect, love the personalized pear!

    We're not seeing much of fall at all. We still have high 90 degree weather here, very hot. But inside the home it looks and smells like fall. =]

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.