Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, July 2, 2012

Fourth of July pre-plans

Fourth of July menu.  Oh yes, it's coming together thanks to my huge collection of recipes I've gathered in a board on Pinterest.  Don't you love it?

Here's the menu so far.  And yes, it's missing the main attraction (meat), but I still have to think about that a little.  It's way too hot here to stand outside over a grill unless you want to.  I'm leaning towards a big pot of homemade chicken and dumplings for the main.  Besides, we grill so often that it's nothing special, it's just something we do. 

Menu so far:

Cheesy Zucchini Bake
Pea Salad
Coca Cola Cake (addorned w/ those precious little flag toothpicks of course)

Now you tell me, don't you think a big pot of chicken and dumplings will be ok for the main?  It'll be like we're eating at Cracker Barrel except with a pool out the back door for us to enjoy and us lounging around indoors and out as we please.  No traveling required!




I am seriously thinking about making myself a personal collection of homemade banners for different occassions.  Not like the one above (image I found online), but the triangle cloth banners that you drape across and they are meant to be reused for years.  I'm seeing a lot online.  I would like to make at least one for each holiday and of course a bright and cheery birthday one, anniversary one, maybe even one for no special occassion...just to hang? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.