Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, May 28, 2012

Today

I sure hope everyone enjoyed a wonderful Memorial Day and remembered the reason we recognize this day each year.

We had a small cookout here at Lillie Mae Acres.  My mom and step dad came up and we cooked up some yummy food, spent some time outdoors and enjoyed relaxing conversation and cooling off indoors.  We had originally planned a big family pool party and cookout but when it got canceled I must admit I did feel relief that the day would be much more stress-free and relaxed.      



Our garden is doing pretty good, of course we need rain so bad.  We finally got some this evening and boy howdy were we thankful.  We're praying for a lot more though.  

I meant to post about Matt's job.  He's always been a hard working guy, and at an earlier age than most he started helping with construction type projects as well as farm duties.  I helped him prepare a resume outlining his schooling, past experiences, and goals.  He applied at a local company that he was interested in working for and was called right away for an interview.  Praise the Lord, he got the job.  It's a small factory job with good hours, weekends off, and a nice starting salary for a young man.  He said he'll start some night schooling at the local state college when he adjusts to life as a working man.  That's fine with us.  I just can't describe how proud we are of him, his maturity, and his walk with God.   I pray he continues to allow God to walk before him and continues to put his future in God's hands. 
      

The above picture is his first morning on the job.  Nope, he didn't really want his picture taken but eventually agreed.  

You have to know that the two-tone cypress walls in the above picture are almost killing me.  Wayne assures me it won't take the new part long to turn and match the older, so I just try not to dwell on it.      





  

2 comments:

  1. You have a pretty little blog!
    I like your table and bench and that's great about the new job.
    ~cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice that you were able to have a relaxing day with family. Congrats to your son on his new job.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.