Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Let The Decorating Begin

Let the decorating and final touches begin!  Actually I had already started it in my head but it's just now coming together in a few areas.  Some people don't bother to decorate their mudrooms, treating it as just an entrance/exit closet looking room.  Not Lillie Mae!  I was born to decorate every inch of my space.

I came home last night to a semi-finished tabletop on the old Singer trundle, it's just sitting there waiting for our final approval before being screwed down.  I think we're happy though so I think it's decided!  I love it when he surprises me with stuff.  He had the lights off and this lamp on and it looked so pretty!

And when hubby found these two ceramic hunting dogs at his mom's house when cleaning it out, he was so excited about them.  He's pretty sure she made them, probably about thirty years ago.  We knew we wanted to use them some way.  I'm debating on fixing their tails or not, both are broken and one crudely mended.  I think I can make them look better.  The lamp base is one I picked up a on one of my junkin' trips at a thrift store last year.  I didn't like the exposed wood base so I added the small rocks to cover it.




2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillie Mae! I love the hunting doggies, but the Singer Table Top is sooooooo pretty! Thank you for sharing!
    Love and Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty table, and I love the dogs and the pictures. do what makes you happy about fixing the dogs tails.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.