Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, May 4, 2012

Her Hands

I love my beautiful mom.  Although I know she didn't feel well the other day, she made my ironing board cover for me because she wanted me to have it. Isn't that just like a mama?


 I took everything over to her home, we set up her sewing machine and she went to town.  I remember as a kid that her and my grandmother (her mom) made a lot of our clothes.


I love her hands.  They are the hard working hands of a lady that raised four daughters, cooked many meals, made many beautiful items by sewing, crocheting, and gardening.  These lovely hands have washed many clothes and dishes, as well as held and cuddled many children.  They are the hands of a wife, mother, grandmother, and great grandmother.  A Christian lady that loves her family, her Bible, and God.


I'm blessed to have her help me make my laundry room pretty and a pleasure to work in.  So enter the laundry room, welcome!  I am still waiting for my new washer and dryer...patience, patience.  I went looking for a large sign saying laundry and was not happy with anything but this one.  My cute little seester has this same one so I called her to see if she wouldn't mind me getting the same one.  Yay, she said she didn't...so I did!


I just love the way it looks hanging there.  It looks just beautiful just like I wanted it to look.  And see the stain finish difference on my pantry side?  It's getting on my nerves!  Wayne has to do something about that.  There used to be a cabinet butted up to it so the finish didn't darken in that area. Hmmm?


More pictures later as we continue to peck away at these two rooms getting to the FINISH mark.  

2 comments:

  1. I know your mom is a very special lady ~ I would love to meet her and her very special daughter some day : )
    Your laundry room is so pretty , bright & cheery, looks like a pleasure to do laundry in !!
    Enjoy your weekend at Lillie Mae Acres Denise, I love you ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a very special mother. And your laundry room is awesome! I absolutely love it <3

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.