Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Good Morning Friends

Good morning from Lillie Mae Acres.  I got up extra early this morning, way before the roosters, way before the alarm clocks, way before the sunrise.  Our home is always cool to me in the mornings so I bundled up under one of my favorite throws in the dark living room to spend some quality time with God, my thoughts, and my prayers.

After seeing the men folk off to work, I decided to walk around outside before getting myself ready for work.


 I love my little bird cage on the back porch.  I was going to paint it turquoise but decided bright sunshiny yellow is just so much happier.  

 I have fallen in love with Wayne's 1966 GMC pickup.  Every evening he cranks her up and drives her around enjoying her with a big grin on his face.  You know that look, the little boy with a new shiny toy look.  She needs a lot of work and he's enjoying every minute of it.



Some of the ladies are already in the hen house working and I didn't want to disturb them.  The guineas are already roaming around and not posing for morning pictures.  They are busy roaming and eating.     
Shadow is so beautiful.  I love to spend time with her early in the morning before she goes out to pasture.  

Matthew left the gate open for me since he knew I'd be leaving this morning too.  It's so quiet and peaceful here, only the sounds of nature. 

If you look close to the left of the front door, I have posted a homestead sign to hopefully hang there forever.   
I'll be so glad when we change the color of the trim from dark brown (which it's been for years) to a lighter shade.  That's just one of those items on our to-do list that's not real important. 
I really enjoy our simple life here on our small little farm.  I give God all the glory and praise.

8 comments:

  1. Thanx for sharing your morning! Your farm is beautiful. I love your porch and the wrap around deck. Your trim color looks just like mine, is it? Mine reminds me of chocolate pudding! {That's all I could think about, when we were painting ours!---That was '05, and I haven't tired of it yet... But, I love brown.} Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post so enjoyed walking the
    Farm Grounds with you.. So agree the bird
    cage is a perfect yellow..such a beautiful
    you have So enjoyed the walk with you..
    Many Blessings
    Ladybug :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting your farm through your photos is so peaceful and relaxing. I feel like I am walking around chatting with you. I also get ideas for our small homestead. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it would be so calm and peaceful to start your day at Lillie Mae Acres ! You have beautiful land & the sweet animals to keep you company... Wayne should be happy that you covered up his truck & tractor with your pretty lil quilt to keep them all warm at night.... lol ! You truly have a wonderful place to call HOME ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an awesome place! Loving the country and everything about it! Everything you post is so wonderful, I enjoy reading all of your posts and looking at all your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your family is soooo cozy! Your yellow birdcage brought a smile to my face!!! Love the happiness it radiates. And the wheel barrel is adorable! Enjoy and blessings!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a beautiful Morning!! Love your hubbys truck covered up with the old quilt!! You are so blessed to live on a farm!! XOXO Fran.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to start the day. Everything looks wonderful around your homestead.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.