Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, May 21, 2012

Beautiful Something I Found


Isn't the above writing beautiful?  I found it by chance, I certainly can't take credit for it but I mean every word.  I love my husband.  He's such a good ole' country boy!  I pray for him daily and enjoy our quiet times together.  Even when he's grouchy, grumpy, moody, and way too quiet...I want to be in the same room with him.  I want to be close and silently pray for whatever is going wrong.  I've loved him almost as long as I've liked him.  I met him at church, we talked a long time before we ever went out on an official date.  Almost every night he brought me a mixed bouquet of fresh flowers until I literally had to ask him to stop.  My home smelled like a funeral parlor, honestly.  Still to this day, when he surprises me with flowers it's always a mixed bouquet.  A country mixture of beautiful colors.   

This August we will celebrate our 19th wedding anniversary.  There have been a lot of hard times financially, only a few minor health problems thank God, but we've always let the SONshine outshine the clouds.  We raised a mighty fine strapping young son in church, teaching him to keep God the forefront and center of his life also.  These days we find ourselves part time empty nesters.  We put ourselves to the side and concentrated on our son and everything he needed, and had constant family time and family outings.  But we never put each other to the very back, forgetting that we mattered also.  I'm glad we did things that way because now in this part time empty nest life we're just fine.  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillie, I just found your lovely blog. I love it and would really like to follow you, but I can not find a place to do that. Can you help? Please accept my invitation to visit and hopefully to follow me, and please send some info on what I can do to put you on my "blogs I follow list". Have a great day, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, that is so sweet !! You are all very blessed to have each other ♥

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.