Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Another Construction Update

A few more pictures to update you on our new new mud room and the laundry room redo.  I'm still waiting for my new washer and dryer to complete the laundry room so I can finish decorating it.  There's still a lot to do in the mud room too.  We don't have door knobs yet for the two new back doors.  We're getting those tomorrow.  We haven't picked out a short blade ceiling fan and light fixture yet, and there's going to be a lot of touch ups needed before we can call it FINISHED.

When we find the perfect heating/cooling wall unit to install in the laundry room to take care of these two rooms, we are going to remove the old back door and frame the opening with cedar like the laundry room opening.  Then it will be an open flow between all rooms.

This corner isn't finished yet, we were trying to see how it'll come together.  We're putting Wayne's Crosley out in the mud room and he'll wire it with outside speakers for the pool area.    
Look how messy the back porch still is. Ugh! I'll be so happy to get it prettied up for entertaining.
Wayne still has to fix the bottom of the cedar log hat tree he built years ago.   
I've already recovered the lampshade with my beautiful fabric I ordered.  My mom is making my ironing board cover tomorrow. 
Waiting for my new washer and dryer.

The old back door is still up, but only for a short while longer.  Then it'll be an open flow. 
Cedar log coat rack hanging above the Beech Wood boot bench.  Wayne built both.  The lamp is waiting for it's table to be built.   
We are a DIY family, thanks to my husband and his God given talents.  Our home is truly the home that love built.  I plan to design and paint a sign that says that to hang somewhere in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.