Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, April 13, 2012

Mud Room update

Good beautiful morning. I just thought I'd update you on our mud room addition here on Lillie Mae Acres.  It's not finished yet, but slowly getting there.  The weather has been so beautiful and spring brings extra chores like getting the garden ready and repairing outbuildings.  This year my two favorite guys had to build a new chicken pen. The old one was beyond repair after seventeen years of redoing.

 We've picked out the paint colors for the two exit doors, and last night we picked out the tile. We're fixing to lay tile, how exciting. I'm having a hard time choosing light fixtures now so I've decided to stop looking and get a fresh start next week. There's just too many to look at online and in the stores.  I'm still looking for outlet covers.  

That sweet talented hubby of mine has already built the long boot bench. He loves working with wood and was like a kid last weekend when he brought the huge slab up here to give me an idea what he had planned. He built the cedar coat rack and cedar hat tree several years back and we've actually been using those. He still needs to build a table top for the Singer trundle (I think that's what it is) and re finish my grandmother's window, changing it to a mirror. This much dreamed about and needed mud room is not going to be a cookie cutter mud room. Come to think of it, nothing in our little farmhouse home is cookie cutter.

I've been picking up some pretty items here and there for the room. I finally chose a lamp shade for an antique lamp that we'll be using. I found the perfect sign to hang above my laundry room, the perfect welcome sign for the door and just yesterday the perfect key holder/hook to hang. I still have to sand down my grandmother's RCA cabinet and paint it olive green, then distress it and change the cabinet knobs. I also still need to clean up and refinish two antique looking hunting dog pictures my sweet sister gave me years ago.  These pictures may really be old, I haven't been able to find out anything about them.  We love them anyway.

Do you get the idea?  The picture?  This new mud room is going to become the main entrance for friends and family, so it has to be welcoming.  It has to have our "signature" on it.  Decorated with cherished antiques, family heirlooms, and the furnishings made by Wayne's own hands.

Just wait, you'll love it!  Pictures soon!

1 comment:

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.