Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Spring Cleaning & Organizing

Within the last couple of years, hubby and I have both lost a parent. This has forced us to bring many cherished items into our home and lives. Last spring I went on an organizational frenzy and pretty much organized the inner workings of our little farmhouse. The linen closet, kitchen cabinets, and laundry room cabinets, all got inside makeovers. Some including labels. Yes, you read it right. Labels!

A lot of main areas got neglected last spring, but now it's their turn! The spring cleaning and organizing bug has bitten me and I'm ready to get the other half of this little farmhouse organized. I promise to not have labels on anything outside of cabinets and closets though. Or if I do, they will be decorative labels.

It gets so hot so early in the year here. By May, the mornings are the only time fit for heavy duty outside work. I actually love mowing grass, so that's one spring/summer chore I'm looking forward to.  So as soon as possible, I plan to finish what I started last year.  And yes, all of my hard work and efforts last year were well worth it.  Everything is still organized and working out perfectly for us.  

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you've got everything under control & whipped into shape at Lillie Mae Acres : )
    A clean home is a happy home !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... sounds like someone in this household, LOL! I'm that way also and with a family of 5, it pretty much stays that way. My children are warned so they know to put everything back. They don't always do it, but they hear about it when they don't, haha. But we have to keep it that way if we want to run a smooth household, right?

    Enjoy your week~

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.