Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Not Missing the Cafe Cheesecake Anymore

That sweet hubby of mine used to eat lunch at a little cafe and for many special occasions throughout the years he ordered the owner's signature cheesecake to be picked up on his way home and devoured by us! All of a sudden, the shop was sold to someone else and it's never been the same. That's life!  But we sure have missed those cheesecakes on birthdays, anniversaries, Valentine's Day, etc.

The other day, Matthew announced that his band practice would be here this week.  Wow, live Bluegrass music in our living room demanded I cook something delicious for supper!  We decided to grill burgers since our weather has been so beautiful.  Then Matthew sweetly asked his mama (that would be me) for a cheesecake. A cheesecake! That's usually a lot of hard work and pretty pricey, yet always worth it!  I put my thinking cap on and decided to change up my faithful cheesecake recipe to try my best to make it similar to that delicious special occasion cheesecake we've been missing.  We're not missing the cafe cheesecake anymore, I did it!

Last night was practice and besides having wonderful live Bluegrass music ringing throughout the house, the aroma of burgers on the ole' charcoal grill filled the air, and the evening was topped off with a great dessert! Honestly, there's only one little itty bitty piece left.  

I'm sharing the recipe with you wonderful faithful readers/followers.  I changed it a little from the one I sandwich in between the rich red layers of my red velvet cake each Christmas.  And I did it, I think I've made us all happy by coming up with a tasty replacement for the one from the little cafe.  This is the PERFECT cheesecake for spring because it's topped off with a cold strawberry sauce if desired.

Crust:
2 c finely crushed Chocolate Graham Cracker crumbs
1/2 c butter
1/4 c sugar
Spray your 9" sping form pan and press crust into bottom and up sides firmly. Place in refrig for about 30 minutes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Cheesecake:
32 oz Phili Creme Cheese ( the real stuff, no fat free stuff) room temp
1 c sugar
3 T all purpose flour
5 lg slightly beaten eggs
1/3 c Heavy Whipping Creme
1 t vanilla
Beat 1st 2 ingred until smooth, add eggs and beat well.  Add remaining ingred and beat until smooth no lumps.
Pour into spring form pan, place pan on a cookie sheet (to contain any spill over) bake at 350F for 15 minuted, continue to bake at 250F 1 1/2 hours.

COOL completely in vented oven or on top of stove, wrap plastic on top and refrigerate 24 hours before taking out of spring form and serving.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Serve with chilled Strawberry Pie Filling as an optional topping.

I sure hope you and your loved ones enjoy this delicious dessert as much as we do!  Have a blessed day.


1 comment:

  1. OH YUMMMMMY!!!!!! I'll have to try that next time the kids are home they love cheesecake:) Sounds like a fun time:)

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.