Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Happy 18th Birthday Son!

I know every mom feels this way, but I do believe God blessed me with the best son in the whole wide world.  Today Matthew is 18 years young, he's healthy, strong, handsome, and most important of all a born again Christian. He's talented, funny, smart, honest, and respectful.  He's a son to be proud of and his dad and I could not be more proud!
I would just like to know where those 18 years went.  Part of me wants to go back, way back.  I want to relive  the good and the bad.  I want to go way back to February 23, 1994, 3:54pm or just before!  Just before when we were excited because he was just about to be born any minute now!  I want to go back and relive his toddler years, all the "firsts" of growing, his elementary school years, and all the birthday parties of his youth.  But I know that's not life.  Life moves forward and at it's own speed.  Every second, minute, hour, milestone, and event must be cherished.  And there's still so much to look forward to.  We're excited for him and his future. This child of mine has always been in my prayers.  This child of mine will always be in my prayers, and this child of mine will FOREVER be my baby boy!  His dad and I will always be his strongest supporters, his loudest applauders, his greatest prayer warriors, and his soft place to fall when he needs it.



                            


                      Happy 18th Birthday Matthew Jones.




Years ago when I was oh so young and not even a mother yet, one of my co-workers received a wonderful book from a friend. This co-worker's son had just graduated high school and this book was quite popular at the time. When she showed it to all of us I don't think there was a dry eye in the office. We all wanted a copy and at the time I remember we had to special order it from a small book store in town. If you've read the book, you know why I am including it in this posting. Great story for mothers and sons.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, 
As long as I'm living my baby you'll be.                          



4 comments:

  1. What a great post dedicated to your Dear Son! Wishing Matthew a very Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Happy Birthday to your wonderful son! It sure is amazing how fast they grow up, seems like yesterday mine was a baby and now a father himself:) Enjoy this very special day with him!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to Matthew and congratulations to you on a job well-done!!

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, how touching Denise! It brought tears to my eyes. You both did a wonderful job of raising him up right. Happy Birthday Matthew!!

    That last comic had me laughing out loud because that is so me! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.