Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Looking Forward To Decorating for Christmas

Hey there everyone., come on in. Plop down and enjoy yourself as you read this short post. I promise it's not a long one full of too many pictures like the last. I just had so much to share with you the other day!

Are you enjoying beautiful fall weather yet? We've had just a little, right now it's warm again. It won't be long though until we have steady cool temps to lead us into the upcoming holidays.

I was watching either HSN or QVC this morning and they had a beautiful fireplace and mantel decorated for Christmas. I looked over at mine and gave it a little itty bitty thought for just a second or two. Too early! I can't hardly wait though, how about you? I know I have some brand new lighted garland and other decorations that I got off of clearance isles after last Christmas. I try to hit those isles as much as possible and can usually get beautiful decorations for almost nothing. It's always like receiving presents when I open my storage tubs because I forget what all I've gotten and packed away. Of course I keep telling myself to STOP, it seems like each year I have to add a new tub to my already huge collection of tubs labeled Christmas out in the storage shed.
(I got this lovely graphic off the internet, it didn't list a source)

My niece moved earlier this year and was limited what she could take and actually wanted to take. I've collected Holly pattern dishes for a long time and she ended up giving me her collection to add to mine. So I guess you know what I'll be doing Thanksgiving night or the weekend after! The dishes she gave me are "new" to me. I'm excited

One more thing, I've been having problems commenting on a lot of blogs for months now. What is the problem? Are any of you having that problem? In the past couple of days I've written out comments only to have the page go back to my log in page. I log in AGAIN, then I've lost the comment I spent time preparing. Getting frustrated! So please don't think I'm not reading your lovely blogs and enjoying them, I have been and I will figure this comment problem out real soon hopefully!

Have a blessed weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I know your Holly dish collection is lovely.. how exciting to get some pieces to add to it. I haven't found the Christmas dishes for me yet.. still hunting. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was just thinking the same thing about decorating for christmas. To soon but I am thinking about it. The only thing I can think that might be giving you a problem with comments is when you sign into your blog make sure that the box underneath , I beleive it says keep me signed in, make sure it is not checked. I have had that problem. Hopefully you will get it figured out.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillie Mae, go back to your log in page and uncheck "keep me signed in". This should take care of your problem. Blessings and I am excited for Christmas too. Even though I am just getting my Fall decor up. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.