Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, July 25, 2011

Not Gonna See Cool For Awhile

Hey there. Everything is HOT, green, and beautiful here and although I am beginning to get a bad case of fall fever, we're not gonna see cool for awhile. No matter what the calendar has marked on it as the first day of fall, around Lillie Mae Acres it won't feel it. We usually have warm Halloweens. No kidding!

There's no reason not to enjoy and take pleasure in the lush green and beautiful blooms even though the temperatures are usually in the high 90s and even the 100s everyday. I took a stroll around this afternoon and took a few pictures. I still have a lot of flowers surviving the dry heat because I'm pouring the water to them faithfully.





We don't seem to be getting much rain this summer compared to the past few years. I sure wish we would and we're all hoping August brings some "dog days". Just in case you don't know, dog days are never ending rainy days and if we're blessed with them, it sure will help us through August. We're on high land so many days of rain won't cause a flooding problem for us; although, I know for many it will.

Have a wonderful week!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, It is sooooooo hot here, looking forward to the fall! Love all your photos, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very beautiful. I love that horse and buggy bell too. I hope you will get some rain. Here in Oregon we need more sun and more heat. The farmers are getting worried. Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do have some beautiful flowers in spite of the hot weather. It is so hot here most everything has quit blooming and is drying up. Sure do need some rain.
    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.