Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, July 30, 2011

I Cheated but I'm Entitled


Yelp, I cheated! Lillie Mae cheated and is not a bit ashamed of it.

I cheated but I'm entitled because I'm a middle aged housewife that loves to cook for her two favorite guys and I've done so as lovingly as possible for years. Tonight for supper, I cooked frozen store bought meatballs. They were good too. Not as good as homemade of course, but I just didn't have the time or energy.

I like to keep a quick meal or two in the freezer or pantry for just such a night. Don't you?

I also broke a rule I guess. I served Italian and Chinese food on the same plate for the same meal. Who cares! We're just country folk and we love good food, no matter what kind.

Here's what I cooked up in a hurry tonight. Meatballs smothered in sauce, meatball shish kabobs with seasoned onions, peppers and tomatoes from our garden, and steamed bok choy. And it was GOOD!




So, how about you? Do you ever cheat and buy frozen prepared meat or meals for your family?

6 comments:

  1. I cheat too, lol, and there is nothing wrong with it:D when I used to work hubby had to cook alot of the time as I worked afternoons and evenings, we even sometimes had the forbidden *frozen dinners*, UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Supper looks good!! Yep I also use frozen meatballs when things are busy, which seems more this summer.
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I cheat often..ofcourse, it's generally only me. My son does a lot of the cooking and he should be a Chef, his food presentation is just divine!
    Your photos and food look just delicious my friend
    Love,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks yummy, yummy!

    You're so funny... we break rules all the time too, I just never think of them as "rules" because around here anything goes! Just ask any of my kids friends that come for a visit, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Denise, Check out my latest blog post on my "Ramblings from a Grateful Heart" blog: http://ramblingsfromagratefulheart.blogspot.com/.I made laundry detergent and it is awesome! I know you like natural things and this is very economical because it goes a long ways!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.