Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, June 24, 2011

Possessive Over My Kitchen


Are you like me? Are you possessive when it comes to YOUR kitchen?

Here on Lillie Mae Acres, that's just the way it is. When we invite guests over I usually do all the cooking. I very seldom ask guests to bring anything because I like to have it all preplanned and organized with NO surprises.

I have every kitchen bowl, pan, tool, etc just where I want it. My cabinets and drawers are organized according to my wants and needs.
I can't help it, it just messes me up for someone to get in there and start asking questions, going through my cabinets, etc. Can you tell that this has recently happened to me? I'm venting and you're the lucky set of ears (in this case eyes).

There is always an exception to every rule, right? The exception to this rule is my mom. She's helped in my kitchen before and it didn't bother me, I guess because I don't consider her a "guest" or "company". When they're coming over, sometimes I go all out and get fancy with my china sometimes I don't.

So here it is! Some of you may say that I should be glad to accept help in the kitchen while others of you may agree with me. We're all different. Here's another shocker for you. I also like to be the ONLY one to fold the laundry. I just like MY WAY of organising the linen closet too.
There, I did it! I told you just how POSSESSIVE I am, and I don't plan to go to a therapist about it either because I'm HAPPY just the way I am. Whatever works well, just keep doing it.

Have a good weekend.

8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Stay out of my kitchen! I've got everything EXACTLY where I want it! The hubby and I had this discussion tonight...he unloaded the dishwasher for me...need I say more? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh me too me too !! Some of my friends have even made smart comments about it but honestly Im a born and bread domestic and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too on the kitchen, now the laundry is a different issue, anyone at all (including strangers...) is MORE than welcome to do my laundry for me, LOL, well....maybe not my unmentionables;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a lovely kitchen -- I consider my kitchen my domaine too but love sharing time there with those I love :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see I'm not alone ladies. Oh yes, it's def my domain. I love my family to come and share great food and fellowship with us in our home too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're not alone! I have a galley kitchen, only room for ME! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, you are not alone. I'm right there with you... except for the laundry. I gladly hand that job over to any child or husband that happens to go in the laundry room. I am like you with the kitchen. My guests don't have to bring anything, I like to take care of it all so they can just come and enjoy. But when I go to someone else's house, I insist on bringing something... funny, huh!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a new follower and LOVE this post! I too am very possessive about the way I like things done around my house. However, I have let go of some of the reins around here. My hubby & I have our daughter, son-in-law & granddaughter living with us ... so I spend time with g'daughter Lucy and let others take care of the other stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.