Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Florida Folk Festival

Last weekend Matthew and I traveled to the 59th Annual Florida Folk Festival. It was beautiful, it was HOT, and there were a lot of great Florida artisans there showing off their craft. One in particular caught my eye, the potter. Wayne and I both love pottery and I have always wished I could make beautiful pottery so I just watched, and watched, and watched. I bet he thought I was stalking him.

On our final day there, I picked out some of his beautiful signed pieces of pottery to buy and bring home.









His name is Matt Brabham and here's his website if you want to take a look. http://brabhampottery.com/







The reason we traveled down there was that one of the groups Matt picks banjo in was performing all three days of the festival.










It was a fun experience, very different festival and atmosphere than the bluegrass festivals we're all use to. Almost every style of music and dance was represented, along with Florida artisans showing off their talents, costumes, and Florida history.

2 comments:

  1. I used to go to our fall festival (art) in Ohio, called Yankee Peddler, it was so much fun! I love all the pottery you brought back!
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pottery! You know what? The people we bought our home from had a huge pottery wheel like that as she made some neat pieces. They wanted to know if we knew anyone that would like it. They left it in the shop and I seriously thought I might use it. But it is much, much more complicated than it looks, lol! So we ended up giving it to a school.

    Looks like a fun festival to me! I thoroughly enjoy visiting those.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.