Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Faux Bovine ... really fake cowhide



Last week Wayne brought home this awful looking footstool. The word "tacky" didn't even describe it properly. It was reddish looking vinyl with some kind of oriental looking trim going around it. Oh but just LOOK at those beautiful wrought iron legs! I knew I could take it and give it a face lift, allowing it to find a nice home right here.



I admit it, I love wrought iron. I think all three of us do around here. It is just the most durable, lifelong, heavy and heavy duty stuff and it fits right in with everything here on Lillie Mae Acres.

You all know by now that my living room is decorated in a cabin/lodge style, along with a few antiques and farmhouse items to blend in. I get a lot of western decor catalogs in the mail and have seen many little cowhide/cow print footstools so that's what I automatically thought of doing with this stool.

I went to town yesterday, hoping to find a really nice Cowhide uphostery material in white and brown. Well, the best thing I could find was labeled Faux Bovine. How funny! The printed side is soft and feels like calf, but the underside is a silky feel. Wayne had to help me recover the stool because the "faux bovine" a.k.a. really fake cowhide kept slipping and sliding. We got it done though and we love it. It looks and feels real so just us and all of you in blogland knows it's not! And I told him if I ever find something better we'll just have to recover it again.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I'm glad you found the material you were looking for ~ it looks perfect !!! That would be nice & cozy to prop your toesy's on too !! I know my cats would be on there constantly !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your stool is just perfect for your home. I love it when an object is given a new life with just a little effort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. fake cowhide is better than oriental any day;) Love it and it fits in nice:) Will have to give that dinner from your last post a try, looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great girl! Don't you just love transforming things to fit in your home? I think that's my favorite hobby.

    I'm with you... I love wrought iron anything. Not only is it sturdy but has that beautiful look of the past that I adore so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi!!! I love wrought iron too, have many wrought iron candle sticks and some chairs..anyway. I love yours...the faux cowhide looks great!!!! Nice job Aunt Necie :)

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.