Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, April 4, 2011

Another Beautiful Spring Monday from the woods



Good beautiful spring Monday morning to everyone, coming to you early early early from the woods (Lillie Mae Acres). I recently set myself a bedtime, not really a specific time. Just to get the chores that have to be done after supper done so the moment I feel tired I can just say my goodnights and crawl in bed. It's working and I'm getting up brighter with more energy. Sometimes I'm up and going way before hubby and have to make sure I don't wake him. Other days we are getting up at the same time and enjoying quiet mornings together.

The flowers are starting to bloom, the grass is green and needs mowing, and the pool water is a beautiful blue, almost matching the sky. It's as beautiful as it sounds, although there is always something that needs work. Wayne is getting the big garden plowed up and I've planted my personal little garden of lettuce, green onions, and tomatoes. I like having a "salad" within walking distance, a short walk off the back porch. Wayne will be planting peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, and who knows what else.

I've got to start helping my mom plan the family Easter get together, which I am so glad to say is going to be at her house. Shortly after that we'll have say goodbye to my neices Mandy and Lily as they take off to Missouri to live. I'm a lot sad and a little happy, but refuse to be selfish. Mandy says they have great nursing schools and that's what she wants to do, plus her hubby will be able to make a better living there. I'll miss my two girls and am really thankful for the modern technology we have today. We plan to skype, among all the others ways of keeping in touch.

I hope you all have a good day. My 3rd cup of coffee waits for me along with my peanut butter toast that just popped out of the toaster.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lillie Mae, I am one of your newest followers and I just wanted to let you know I was here for a visit.

    I have enjoyed looking over your lovely blog and look forward to following along.

    One thing I need to do is go to bed earlier and rise early as I feel I am missing the best part of the day. I love mornings and going outside to greet the new day. It is Autumn here and the days have been glorious with bright sunshine.

    Have a nice day,

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Monday Morning, yes you are an early bird! lol.I did the same when younger and my children were home. I was up and worked the seventeen rows in my garden with my favorite hoe, gathered eggs, and cooked breakfast all done by 8AM. I miss those days, but I still have a small patch to work. Doesn't it give you a sense of serenity when you are connected with the earth and the growth from it? I won't say I envy you, for I know the feelings you experience when you work your garden and do chores on your farm! Have a great and productive day! Luv-Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.