Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, March 14, 2011

Overnight!

QUESTION: When does a little boy become a man?

ANSWER: Overnight!

Sitting in church Sunday morning, I couldn't take my eyes off of him during singing. He stood there, on stage, picking the guitar. He was the tallest man up there. He had on men's clothing and men's cowboy boots. He had a nice short haircut and close shave. A very handsome young man.

He favors the baby boy, he favors the toddler, he somewhat still looks like the little boy. It's just that he's not any of those anymore, not on the outside. He's still got the same heart beating inside of him, he's still got the same beautiful blue eyes and smile, but his voice is different. It's deeper, way deeper.

His manners, friendliness, and some of his expressions are the same as the little boy, a lot less shy of course. A lot of his actions and ways he conducts himself are different than those of the little boy, more mature. His movements are slower, less playful.

I see him up there and my heart is filled with love, pride, joy, but sadness too. How is that?



Didn't I know this would happen?











Didn't I realize 17 years ago that he would become a grown man one day? I did realize it, I just didn't think it would happen overnight.

















I read this book to Matthew so many times when he was little. I'm sure most of you have read the book, so I'm sure you know that you can't read it without crying.

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living my baby you'll be."

6 comments:

  1. Oh, such a beautiful post -- I am wiping the tears -- you see my little boy (he turned 18 in January) enlisted in the Army this week -- I am so proud of him and so sad for me! They grow up way too fast...people told me it was so, but I didn't quite grasp the meaning of that until recently.

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY, I'm all teared up!!! I surely know exactly how you feel, and yes it does seem like overnight, and they will always be our "baby" no matter how old they get:) You have a very handsome young man there, and I know you are so proud of him!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy, they do grow up fast....what is even better he is singing in church and playing his guitar for the Lordd, how wonderful!!!! Blessings and you did a good job...it shows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a job well done, one The Heavenly Father would be proud of. He has grown into a fine young man.
    Many Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful post, Lillie Mae...and do I ever know what you mean about those little boys going toward manhood way, way too fast!

    I cannot read that book without crying like a baby!
    Great post!
    xoxo
    Joni

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.