Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, February 17, 2011

FRESH Crisp Cool Salads


Fresh crisp cool salads, oh my that sounds good. That's what we're in the mood for around Lillie Mae Acres these days. I stocked the refrigerator with a good variety of dressings and toppings, so last night I made us a wonderful salad with Romain, Green Onions, Baby Spinach, and yummy Broccoli Slaw. We added chicken strips and called it supper.

I've always wanted a salad spinner. I finally got me one and I love it. This is the one I got and I have to say that it's almost pretty enough to leave sitting out.



It works great and you're not left with water at the bottom of your salad bowl.

Now I want your opinions on mandoline slicers. Are they worth it? I would love to have one and was talking to a lady yesterday that loves hers and actually uses it all the time. I know I want one that has the bowl/container under it and would like a few different attachments for variation. Give me your opinions please if you have or have ever used one.



I don't know of a big nice Farmer's Market anywhere around the cities where I shop. You would think there would be some nice ones, there are a few little ones that I've been to. Wayne likes the Amish Butter and I have to drive to a small outside market to pick that up but their produce is never anything to get excited about.

Well, I hope you're enjoying beautiful weather wherever you are. I'm having a hard time keeping my spring fever under control. Have a GREAT SONshiny day and thanks for stopping by.

Remember, if you recommend or do not recommend investing in a mandoline slicer let me know.

CORRECTION: I meant Chopper/Slicer not mandoline. Oops!

1 comment:

  1. oh I love farmer's markets. I can't wait for them to start opening around here. Pretty blog! Thanks for following us.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.