Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, February 4, 2011

Betty Strikes Again! She's Been Busy Crafting Away!

Bargain Betty a.k.a. Lillie Mae went all over town to almost every Dollar General picking through their 25 cent sales last week. It was fun too! That's what they had marked their Christmas decor items down to. It still wasn't as good a deal as my mom and I found at one of the DG stores with leftover fall decor. It was well worth it though. Let's just say, I am well stocked!

I'm sure you've all seen the little battery operated candles that were only $1.00. Well, they were even more attractive for 25 cents. Attractive in my mind as I was seeing them painted and decorated! Not at all attractive as they were!

On several blogs, I've seen others take these and prim them up or change them in ways to look a lot better. I instantly knew what I wanted to do to my bargains. I am so happy with the way they turned out. I'm not finished with all of them yet, but here are the ones I've changed just in time to put together a small Valentine's Day arrangement in the kitchen.





I used sand paper to lightly sand the plastic pieces. You can use whatever colors of inexpensive spray paints you have or want, and you'll need your hot glue gun to create the look of dripping wax. That's it folks! Then just decorate with pip berries, ribbon, or whatever you want.

And below is a wonderful book that I found on the bargain rack at Books-A-Million the other day. I have no idea why my mom didn't legally name me Bargain Betty!



This book is filled with beautiful pictures of homes that Randy Florke has purchased and decorated in prim, country, farmhouse styles. Oooh, last night I just piled up close to the fireplace and read and examined almost every page and picture. The book is a few years old, but we all know prim and farmhouse doesn't change! The world changes around our homes, but we just keep plundering through the flea markets, thrift stores, estate sales, and antique malls for precious treasures to use in our homes.

I'm so glad you stopped by Lillie Mae Acres today, please come back soon. Thank you and have a wonderful weekend filled with blessings from above.

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love your idea for the candle lamps !!!! Your home is so cozy & full of love, life is good at Lillie Mae Acres : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arrangement looks great!!! I have the same red/white hearts lovingly made by Bargain Betty! You got alot of cool things! I went to my Earthly Treasures today. Will post this weekend!

    Enjoy your evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the candle craft idea. I am going to have to hit the Dollar stores around here and round up some of those. Thanks for the idea. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are sooo clever! I like how you came right home and got busy, if I put something away, I tend to forget about it!

    And, I love books like this, I have one by Country Living that was all farmhouse kitchens and it is a gorgeous book! Thanks for the heads up!
    XOXO
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful candles, inspirational blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.