Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Fresh New and Uncluttered

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Lillie Mae Acres to your neck of the woods. It's a fresh, new, uncluttered year. I hope your holiday celebrations were all wonderful and you've rang in this beautiful new year of 2011 with happiness in your heart.

The Christmas decorations are put away until spring, summer, and fall come and go again. This ole' homestead is being redecorated and cleaned, getting back to the regular everyday look and feel.



We rang in the New Year on Saturday with family. We had a Low Country Boil, and since it was raining and trying to storm we cooked it on the front porch. Of course my mom made yummy black eyed peas and brought them, we also had fried collards, cornbread, ambrosia salad, and dessert. We lost electricity after we ate so coffee and dessert was canceled. The temps warmed up between the Christmas and New Year weekends, but are trying to cool off again now. All in all, Florida has been very pleasant.






I do hope this year is a wonderful year for you and your families. Happiness, health, good finances, love, and peace. See ya later!

5 comments:

  1. Don't you just luv it when everything is clean & simple again after the holiday rush ?!! Looks like your New Year celebration will bring you lotsa luv & blessings ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a delicious meal!! your home looks so welcoming and organized, I have been throwing myself into the post holiday cleaning as well, I like things simple and not too cluttered:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to get cracking on getting my house back in order after Christmas too. I hate to put away all my trees and lights though. I love looking at them at night. I wonder if anyone would notice if I left them up all year round?
    Have a great day,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what fun! The food looks great....would love to have taken part in that. Blessings to you and your family for the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lillie Mae, just doing some blog-hopping. I love your cozy home and that "boil" looks wonderful. We've got some transplanted cajuns for friends here, and they threw us a big "boil" with all the trimmins' awhile back with gumbo, etouffee, and crab. It was so good and your pics reminded me of that! Come by for a visit sometime! I'm gonna have to come back and do some more readin' here!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.