Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Being THAT Age In Life & Giving A Pig A Home

Hubby and I are here! We're here at what is called middle age. He's in his mid 50's, and I'm in my mid 40's. We're THAT age in life, and I'm so glad and blessed that we're here together. We're here through the happy things happening and the sad things. Together we are passing through the middle ages!

Leading up to this! My sweet hubby recently lost his mom. His dad died years ago and his mom just passed earlier this month. The daunting task of having to clean out her home has begun. I know how he feels. My dad passed less than a year ago and I've just found places in my home for what I decided to keep out of my dad's home. My sister and I have just sold his home and finalized almost everything with the 1 year anniversary coming up.

Wayne and Matthew had big grins on their faces when they came home the other day and announced "look what we brought you for the kitchen". Oh my goodness, the BIG beautiful brown pig has always been a favorite of Wayne's. Unfortunately he can't remember if his mom made it or not. She made so many ceramic pieces a long time ago, he can't remember. That's ok though, because we all three love it and will give it a good home. And just look, Lillie Mae has already gone shopping for it and bought it a red gingham bow.




Well, that's it for now. Not much has been going on around Lillie Mae Acres but some redecorating and pre-spring cleaning. How about you, what has been happening around your neck of the woods?

5 comments:

  1. What a sweet piggy and i love the gingham ribbon. Sorry to hear of the loss of your mother-in-law. Must be the winter doldrums because not much is going on around Faithfulness Farm either :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pig and the cupboard and dishes too. It is always hard to sort through our parents things. I had to do that with my Mom too. Blessings and I pray a extra dose of stregth and blessing for your husband as he is sorting through his mothers things. blessings and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a cute lil pig & I know Wayne's mom would be happy that you have taken the lil piggy in and given him a good home !! See, you're already spoiling him by giving him a cute lil bow !! You just can't help but lovin everybody and makin them feel special !!
    Middle age is a good age too, it's a weird feeling to be growing old with your hubby ! When we were younger it seemed like so far away, but boy it sneaks up on you fast doesn't it !!
    Life is good at Lillie Mae Acres....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the piggy, and I know all about *that* age, and I will be adding another year this coming week:( BUT, they say your only as old as you act, so I should be OK, LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.