Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Precious Baby, Mighty Savior

I love the holidays. I love fall's crisp new look and feel when Thanksgiving is approaching. Followed by Christmas, oh how this is my favorite. I love it's beauty and all it means to us and our lives. I love placing nativity scenes around our home, tucked in corners and shelves. I thought I'd share a few with you, they aren't anything fancy but we enjoy seeing them throughout our home.


The cute little piece above was a small souvenir one year from a trip to the Smoky Mountains. There is a button on the bottom and it used to play Silent Night. It no longer does, but it's still one of my favorites.


Every year we seem to change the stable for this set. This year I grabbed a handful of fresh hay and added to it.










This little inexpensive plastic nativity is just like one I had as a child. When I seen it at Walmart years ago I just had to get it. I couldn't believe they were still being made.






Don't you just love this song?

What child is this who laid to rest
On Mary's lap is sleeping
Whom angels greet with anthems sweet
While shepherds watch are keeping

This, this is Christ the King
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing
Haste, haste to bring him laud
The babe, the son of Mary

Why lies he in such mean estate
Where ox and ass are feeding
Good Christian fear, for sinners here
The silent Word is pleading

So bring Him incense, gold, and myrrh
Come peasant king to own Him
The King of kings, salvation brings
Let loving hearts enthrone Him

This, this is Christ the King
Whom shepherds guard and angels sing
Haste, haste to bring him laud
The babe, the son of Mary


Have yourself a wonderful evening. Florida has really been cold with more to come before warmer temps start creeping back in. It's beginning to feel like winter here on Lillie Mae Acres, the fireplace has had a beautiful flickering fire in it each evening, outdoor plants and pipes wrapped up, extra hay for the horse and extra blankets on our beds. We are loving it!



2 comments:

  1. I love manger scenes. Yours are very nice.
    This song is beautiful. We just sang it at church on Sunday. There is just something about Christmas Hymns that warms my heart so.
    Enjoy your day.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your manger scenes are beautiful, and the reminder of what Christmas is really about - Jesus birth.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.