Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, December 16, 2010

I Feel Like A Queen

Hey there. I sure hope everyone is enjoying this beautiful season, celebrating Christmas with joy and love. It's been so busy here on Lillie Mae Acres, too much traveling into the city and way too much cooking and baking. I want next week to be calm and relaxing, don't you?

Our new living room furniture was delivered today and we are so happy. I feel like a queen because I've never had a brand new sofa for my living room. I've purchased new tables and hubby has made beautiful entertainment centers, etc., but never a new sofa. We were looking for leather, but the three of us also had a few different wants and opinions so shopping wasn't really that fun.

Here is the gutted living room this morning waiting for the delivery. Our voices echoed. If you look on the ceiling you will see that we still haven't replaced the ceiling fan that caught fire. That's on the to-do list though. I wasn't thinking when I started mopping.



I poured the soap out on the floor instead of diluting it in water. Poor ole' Lillie Mae mopped and mopped and mopped with rinse water. Finally the soap was wiped up. I guess I was just overly excited!





The end table you see in one of the pictures is not staying. That super sweet talented hubby of mine is going to build beautiful end tables out of tree stumps. He wants to use cedar stumps. I'm not sure yet if I'll get new lamps or not, I really still like these. My whole living room smells of leather. I love that smell. I wonder how long it will linger?

Well folks, that's it. That's about all the excitement that's been going on around here. I hope each of you have a blessed evening. Thank you for stopping by.

8 comments:

  1. Wow ~ I love those comfy looking sofas you have Denise !! It was worth the wait to get just the right thing ! It looks so cozy in your living room, I love the fireplace as your focal point !! Enjoy that new furniture & the new furniture smell : )
    xoxo
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Denise!
    You're so funny pouring the soap on the floor!! You must have been excited!! I love your new furniture!! I'm sure all 3 of you will enjoy it immensely! I can just picture you there on Christmas morning with Lily bouncing all over it!
    Enjoy your furniture as I'm sure you will!
    Happy Holidays to all of you!
    Love and Hugs,
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. your new furniture looks perfect! Enjoy snuggling in by the fire :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice!!! We have leather furniture and it is so nice because the pet hair doesn't cling to it:D I bet those tables will be gorgeous, I had a friend in my young years who's dad was a tree trimmer and he built tables out of logs and they had a big round top on them with tons of varnish, they were so beautiful and shiny:) Hope you have a wonderful day, my soldier boy will be home tomorrow:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Denise...thank you for sharing your excitement with us! Your furniture is wonderful and looks so warm and welcoming in your room. Enjoy dear friend :)

    CHRISTmas Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. I will be having some GBP cookbook giveaways in the next couple of weeks...be on the lookout :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're just gonna love your new furniture! Ours is very much like what you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your furniture is very pretty. I'm so glad you found pieces you love. Can't wait to see your stump tables. Sounds very interesting!
    Merry Christmas,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely so Country looking,thanks for sharing
    enjoy it...

    Merry Christmas
    Trish

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.