Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Family, Love, n Laughter = Memories

Christmas time is for rejoicing and celebrating our saviors birth as well as adding memories to our hearts with family and friends. Joy can be found wherever you are IF you want it and you're willing to create it. Here on Lillie Mae Acres, we had a joyous Christmas this year and it continues in our hearts. And I'm NOT talking about material gifts! I'm talking about the fact that we created the spirit of Christmas with decor and attitude! A good attitude! That's what makes a house a home 365 days a year! (ever now and then 366) It comes from within...you're happiness in life is created by YOU!

It's a shame there are so many SCROOGES in the world today. I just read in our local paper a person's comment about "enough of the carols, we've been there and done that now let's move on". What a scrooge! Christmas joy and celebrations can last a little past the actual day, don't ya think?

Anyway, on to some of my favorite pictures of the season. I hope you enjoy!




The tree and gifts on Christmas Eve night, just before we went to bed to pray ourselves asleep and wake on Christmas morn with thankful hearts and joy.



My two favorite guys got their gun cases from Bass Pro that they asked for!






Below, you'll see why sugar plums were dancing in everyone's heads Christmas night at my mom's.



I made the red velvet cheesecake layer cake to take to my mom's, with a few jolly cuppycakes to tag along.

You know we don't have a big family gathering around without the boys breaking out their instruments.







Then we came back to Lillie Mae Acres to have Christmas Sunday with more family. Below is hubby's daughter, son n law, and granddaughter.





I kept my kitchen table very simple this year, ready at a moments notice for just us, a small crowd, or a large crowd.


Well, that's just about it! The end of 2010 is here and it was a good year. I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for 2011. I hope everyone stays safe and warm this New Years weekend and have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. What lovely pics, of course the one of Banjo is my fav, lol;)Those yummy treats look so delicious, I bet they didn't last long:D
    Happy New Year to ya'll!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your pics and experiencing a bit of your Christmas! And LOVE your PUMP! I'll take that over jewelry, myself! And can't wait to see your "plan"! Wishing you much happiness in the new year! ~~Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great Christmas. I've always wanted to put a pump in our kitchen -but I don't think my husband will let me!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.