Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, September 9, 2010

September Has Had A Busy Beginning

September is here! Well it's already been here for 10 days, but Lillie Mae Acres has been a much too busy place these days. September has had a busy beginning so I wonder if the rest of the month will be more relaxing. I'm NOT complaining! In everything, I do praise my wonderful God.

Lillie Mae Acres looks wonderful, everything freshly bush hogged, mowed, and trimmed. The fall garden is even planted, the greens that is. We may plant more veggies later on as it cools.

We finally got my dad's house on the market, although there's a little more to do to it. That's a huge relief for Wayne and Matt, so in a small way working on our land for 2 or 3 days giving it all a good close "haircut" was a reward. A sign that things are going to be normal again one day soon with only one homestead to maintain.

Then it happened. Right after they were satisfied with their hard work and almost all the day's chores were done on Tuesday afternoon, Wayne and Matt went out to the hunting grounds to get things ready for the upcoming season. They were moving one of the tree stands, Matt half way to the top and it SNAPPED. He fell 15 feet and landed on his back.

A trip to the ER and x rays showed a compression fracture of the lower lumbar and several other questionable areas. The orthopedic doctor visit the next day gave us the news of the fracture with a small portion of broken bone. LOOOONG story short...he is in a very bulky hard brace. He will recover, it's expected to take a good 12 weeks if he does everything he's supposed to and nothing he's not supposed to.

Too bad for him that Florida is still HOT HOT HOT during the days. We haven't had rain in about a week so it's also dry. A bulky thick plastic brace and heat does not mix. He's wearing Under Armour under it which helps but it's still yucky so in 3 weeks if new x rays show enough improvement he'll probably be able to go to a brace about half size.

We certainly do give God all the glory for this accident NOT being worse. It could have been so much worse.

On to more positive news, Matthew has fell in love with the handicap scooters at Walmart. Both days of doctor appointments have made us have to run by Walmart either to kill time or pick up stuff and of course it hurts him to walk. He has been a very bad teenager though, he has been texting and driving the scooter at the same time. I guess that also makes me a bad mom for allowing it. He also has enjoyed honking the little "beep beep" horn at me and trying to embarrass me through the store but it doesn't. I'm not embarrassed by having him follow me on one of those scooters, my feet sometimes hurt so bad I wish that was a reason so I could use one. Don't you dare say you haven't thought of it yourself!

September is here and that does mean that the wonderful holidays are closer than they seem. The stores have such pretty stuff out for fall/Thanksgiving and I'm already seeing Christmas decor being put on the shelves. I have no idea where I'll put our main family Christmas tree this year but you can bet that I'll be finding a place. We have too much furniture in the living room now so I'll have to do some rearranging or something.

Well, no pictures to post with this, I just wanted to explain why I haven't been on.

Thank you so much for dropping by again. I know I haven't been posting as often as I used to. I miss it and want to get back to it, including catching up on reading all of your wonderful blogs. Come back soon sweet friend!

1 comment:

  1. Oh goodness! Yes, very thankful that he wasn't hurt even more but back pain is not fun to have. Poor thing. We went through a broken wrist with my teenage son last year. I hope Matthew follows directions better than my son did. He kept "forgetting" and did things he wasn't supposed to. But I know it's hard to behave for that many weeks.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.