Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Calling All Tomato Lovers



Calling all of you tomato lovers out there! Have you ever eaten a delicious hot tomato pie? Oh my goodness, if you haven't you're really missing out on something good. I love them, but my two favorite guys could eat them all the time I do believe.

The pie in the picture was baked back in the spring. I intended to blog and give ya'll the recipe and just never did. Of course home grown tomatoes or going and picking them yourself are the best flavored ones for all your recipes and eating delights.

Below is the recipe. We are looking forward to the fall tomato crops to come about a month from now. I sure hope you'll give it a try and I hope your family enjoys it as much as we do.

TOMATO PIE

9" deep dish pie shell
1 1/2 c shredded mozz cheese
3 - 4 md. tomatoes (sliced thick & layed on paper towel to help soak up some juice)
2 tsp dried basil
4 cloves fresh garlic (chopped)
1/2 c mayo
1/4 c shredded parm. cheese

Sprinkle 1/2 c mozz cheese on bottom of pie shell, arrange sliced tomatoes, cover with basil and garlic.
In a seperate bowl, mix together mayo and 1 c mozz cheese. Add parm cheese, then spread over tomatoes.

375 DEGREES 35 - 45 MINUTES Until lightly brown

Let cool for a few minutes before trying to slice it. Oh, it's so yummy! Enjoy!

You'll notice that we sprinkle a little more basil on top before baking, just because we love basil and it does look pretty.

Come back to Lillie Mae Acres real soon.

6 comments:

  1. Ah, I'm not a fan of tomatoes but I could make this recipe without them and have a nice, ooey-gooey cheese pie... now that sounds delish! =]

    I think a pump would look great in your farmhouse kitchen! The dry sink picture is not from my home, but from a facebook friend named Sandie. She was having a dry sink dilemma on what to put inside. I shot her some pictures of the bowl I had to see if she wanted it. She sent me the shipping cost and I shipped it to Canada. Yes, that old porcelain bowl made it there safely all the way from Oklahoma! Anyway, the picture was just to show what she had done with the bowl. Sandie has a lovely prim home that was just featured in the Sept. issue of Country Sampler.

    I also wanted to share with you that you started following my "Ramblings from a grateful heart" blog many months ago. I assume you found me through Gooseberry Patch's blogroll. So I came over here to Lillie Mae Acres shortly after that to meet you and I'm glad I did! I enjoy your blog! I noticed you just now found my other blog "Berry Homespun Primitives". Thanks for the visit and comments. I hope you come back and visit again. We are also friends on facebook. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food in that photo looks wonderful! That tomato pie sounds great too - thank you for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of Tomato Pie before, but it looks yummy so I'll have to try it !! That fried chicken and cucumbers look good too, you sure do have lotsa yummys at the farm Denise !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe sounds delicious. I definitely will be trying it and soon. What a new and creative way to use tomatoes. Thanks for sharing.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never had a tomato pie before but it sounds - and looks - YUMMY GOOD! Thanks for sharing your recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am SO going to make that...it sounds so yummy!!!

    Thank you so much for sharing...sooo sweet of you :)

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.