Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, August 27, 2010

It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Fall



Although the farmhouse kitchen here on Lillie Mae Acres is making it begin to look like fall, outside is still lush and green and super HOT! That's ok, cooler temps will be here real soon so I'm taking my time decorating. I've got such an early start that I'm certainly not in a hurry now.

Here are a few more pictures for ya'll to enjoy. I'm still not finished and little Lily is coming to stay with us this weekend so I won't really be concentrating on this while she's here.









I mentioned a surprise project in my last post. A long time ago that dear sweet talented hubby of mine built me some inset shelving. I think that's what it's called, when the shelves are set into the wall? Anyway, it is cedar planked and I have always had small items and collections displayed. Lately we've been enjoying a new set of dvd's The Flatt & Scruggs Grand Ole Opry Show. Their faux backdrop looks like a general store and I decided that I just had to have a General Store in my kitchen. I went around the house and out in the shed carefully selecting old items that would look good on the shelves, plus made sure to buy a few small packages of Martha White flour and Pet milk to display. If you do this, make sure to empty the flour into baggies and stuff the bags with stuffing. You don't want bugs! And of course I'll use the milk in dessert recipes and rinse out the cans well.



I'm real happy with how it turned out. I have a lot of other decorating and diplays to finish up and show ya'll but that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed it.

As I mentioned, that sweet little Lily is coming to stay with us this weekend and we're looking forward to her visit. Now I have to get off of this computer and run Matthew's report card to our Allstate agent so we can get the good student discount. Ugh, every little bit of money saved will help when adding a 16 year old male child to your auto policy.

As always, thank you for stopping by. Come back real soon.

8 comments:

  1. I love your fall decor & that was so nice of hubby to make the shelves for you ~ your antique goodies look wonderful on there !! Enjoy your weekend with precious Miss Lily : )
    luvs~n~hugs
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. GREAT fall decor!! I am itching to get mine out but I have a few projects that require my attention first and then it is vacation to Minnesota. It will be after that for sure :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE it!!!!! Enjoy your visit with sweet little Lily:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your displays are just fantastic! I have started to get my fall stuff out to. I am hoping the cooler weather comes soon.

    ~*Hugs*~
    Gen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh your decorating is wonderful. I too~am about to do the same.
    Hope you are having a great Lord's day!
    Blessings~
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is Denise's General Store open for biz? I would certainly shop there! It looks so nice! I like your plates!!! I know you had a grand time with Miss Lily! She sure is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing being sold in the General Store Jackie but coffee is ALWAYS being served to friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking good, girl! I just love seeing those gorgeous fall colors fill up a home. Both of your hutches are very nice and wonderfully decorated!

    I love the general store idea. Very cute! I'm gonna have to look around my kitchen/dining area to see if there is somewhere I can do that. I always pick up old spice tins at antique stores and flea markets but never buy them. I am very drawn to them and would love to start collecting them.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.