Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

DON'T You Dare Throw Those Berries Away


I just love the look of pip berries in my kitchen and I like changing them out with the seasons. If you've ever decorated with them, you know they aren't cheap to buy. Since the look is so prim, I choose to "invest" in them and decorate with them, although I am smart enough to use the Michael's coupons on them when I can or wait for the great sales. Don't you just love Michael's and Hobby Lobby? I have noticed that Michael's has prettier pip berry vines though. ANYWAY, if you decorate with them you know that unwinding them causes some of the little berries to fall off and roll everywhere. FUN! Here's my new plan!

On one of my latest trips to HL, I noticed that a lot of the cute little doll house furniture and items were discounted. I stopped to look at the fake food pieces but seen this adorable little galvanized wash tub. I bought it maybe to hang on the Christmas tree I put in my kitchen and decorate with kitchen decor. When the berries were rolling everywhere as I unrolled them and decorated for fall, I got my wonderful new idea! The adorable miniature galvanized wash tub became a part of my fall decor. The berries that came off and rolled everywhere now look like apples in the wash tub sitting at the foot of one of my fall angels on my prairie hutch.

So, don't you dare throw those berries away! They cost too much!

I hope you're all at least thinking about decorating for fall. I'll admit, my front porch is not decorated yet but I'm almost finished in the kitchen.



Thanks for dropping by again. I've got a mountain of laundry to fold and supper to get started so that's it for today from Lillie Mae Acres. HAPPY decorating!

3 comments:

  1. I've never heard of pip berries! But they sure are prim and purdy! Havent ever been to a HL either. We don't have one in Tampa :{ Love your fall decorating photos, very pretty! Thx for sharing!
    Hugs to you!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all that you have shared! Everything looks so "fallish" in your home! Fall is my favorite season...so looking forward to some cooler weather. Sweet September blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love pip berries too! I didn't realize we have so much in common. After working for Hobby Lobby the past 19 years, I can attest to the fact that their berry vines aren't the greatest. Every year I would get so excited to check out the fall and Christmas berry garlands hoping they were better than last year... but nope! I don't ever buy mine there. Your little galvanized wash tub is very cute, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.