Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Hey There and a very HAPPY 4th to You

HAPPY JULY 4TH to everyone. I hope you all have wonderful plans, weather, and that you stay safe always keeping God in the midst of your activities.

I'm sorry it's been so long since I've posted. It's been just one thing popping up after another around Lillie Mae Acres, busy busy busy.

Wayne and I both have summer birthdays, along with the Mother's and Father's day weekends. Added to that was a family wedding, and the ultimate landscaping project of adding a HUGE patio. Now that was a mess.

I'm going to sit down hopefully tonight and plunder through all of my favorite blogs or should I say your blogs?

I know this isn't much of a post either, but here's a few pictures for you to sit back and look through with your coffee in one hand and a sweet yummy muffin on the saucer next to you.

Stick around as long as ya'll like, I've got to get up and get the wash going.





It's Pea pickin' time in Florida and that's keepin' us a little busy. This is just the first pickin'. There's more to come. I now have 13 quart bags of Zipper Peas in the freezer so friends and family will get some from the next pickin'.




My nephew got married on June 19th. What a beautiful wedding they had and they did everything (EVERYTHING) themselves. PJ (nephew) even helped pick out the decor and actually helped Amber (new niece) decorate. What a great little "team" they make.


I'm making sure I make time for these two important ladies. My mom and Aunt Cathy. After all, I do contribute almost all of my homemaking, cooking, crafting, decorating, etc. skills to these two wonderful blessings. Of course God get's all the glory for everything, but He did put them in my life.
Isn't God the best artist you've ever seen? This is the sunset over our pool each evening.
Luvin' my bright red milk can.
Aahh, the HUGE outdoor job! The patio is done but we haven't built the cover over it yet. It'll come. We still have to paint all of the wrought iron outdoor furniture, and that'll come too.


Yes, when Ruthie over at Sugar Pie Farmhouse showed us her big white pig, I just had to run get this one from the top of my linen closet, repaint it and fix it up for my July 4th centerpiece.


Last but not least, these adorable folding retro shopping baskets that the stores have come out with are wonderful catch-alls. I couldn't resist this red one! I took all the snacks from the pantry out, put them in here, and created more space in the pantry. Looks good too I think!







4 comments:

  1. WOW ya'll have been busy! Everything looks wonderful and love that basket, those townhouse flatbread crackers are yummy too;)Enjoy the holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago we added a large patio to our first home. It was a big job just like you said. Congratulations to the new couple. My great niece got married on the 19th and my nephew got married on the 26th. June is certainly the month for weddings. I saw a folding basket similar to yours and almost bought it. I may have to go back and pick one up. Take care and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning my friend!
    You have had LOADS going on up there...
    First off, the wedding photos are absolutely beautiful!! Such a lovely couple, I wish them all the happiness!
    The sunset is amazing..God is an ARTIST~
    Your lounge chairs look great, Love the colors

    Have a great 4th, I'm off to finish my coffee an go up to New Port Ritchey here in a bit to see the birthday girl!
    Sending hugs to you!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. My first visit to your blog! Interesting and it seems we definitely have some interests in common. I lived in sunny Florida for 9 years, but now am back in the MidAtlantic region where I grew up. Your sunset picture reminds me of the beautiful sunsets we saw while living in Florida!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.