Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, July 29, 2010

FREE burlap pillows for this ole' gal

Lillie Mae knows a bargain when she sees one! When I first started noticing the popularity of burlap throw pillows with vintage prints and advertising on them I didn't fall in love with the idea. Then I decided I did like them and wanted a couple for my bed. But you know me, those crafty little wheels churn around in my head all the time and I knew what a bargain I was going to have my burlap pillows at. FREE! Yep, that's right, the word FREE is what you just read.

Living in the country and on a small farm has many advantages. One such advantage is that we have dirty ole nasty "treasures" all inside the barn and shed. You know yourself that one man's garbage is another man's treasure.

Take a look at my new throw pillows. I love them because it's just what I wanted, authentic vintage, and very affordable. FREE! That word is one of my favorite words.


And doesn't burlap just look and feel like fall weather? It makes me think of pumpkins and hay. It really does. I think when I'm through here and press the post button, I'll go light one of my Old Virginia candles and pretend that the weather outside is actually cooling off.

So whatever you call it, burlap or gunny sack...it does look so country and cozy covering a few pillows. I'm thinking about a couple for the living room.

I hope you enjoyed visiting Lillie Mae Acres today. If we all ban together and pretend it's fall maybe it will be real soon.

10 comments:

  1. What a great idea Denise & they do make me think of fall, scarecrows, pumpkins, apple cider...... Can't wait !!
    xoxo
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh I LOVE LOVE LOVE those pillows!!! ya sure can't beat the price either;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea...and I'm ready for some fall, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Free is just the best! And you did real good with these! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so right..Burlap has such a fall feel to it..You made me want to go plant mums..lol... I have been wanting to make some myself..Now you have motivated me to do so :)
    Keep up the great ideas! And free ones too ..lol..

    ~♥~Prim Blessings
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. "free" is the way to be!!!! The pillows are beautiful Denise...I love them so much!!!
    Your quilt is great also (love the whole room)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Pls pray I get my puter back sooooooooon!
    I am having withdrawls!
    HAve a good weekend!
    Love, Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am ready for FALL, lol! Love the pillow Denise! They looks great on your quilt :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pillows turned out very cute and I love the designs on the burlap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,just wanted to drop by and thank you for visiting by my blog. I am so happy that my shoo fly tut helped you! I would love to see how it turns out and post it on my blog if that's ok with you. Thanks again.

    ~*prim hugs*~
    Gen @ Olde Pear Primitives

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your pillows! I've been eyeballing some on Etsy but they are expensive....guess I'll have to make my own :)

    Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.