Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Simple and Special - Just My Style

Here's a big ole' hello from Lillie Mae Acres. Everything around here has been just fine, I hope you can say that too. I had another birthday, but I have one of those every year and have for 45 years now. I don't mind them like I hear some people say they do. I just let the day arrive and thank God for another year, thank friends and family for the birthday wishes and wonderful thoughtful presents, and enjoy it usually in a simple fashion. Simple and special and just my style.

Let's see, I guess this year I can say I started a day early. My good friend and neighbor Dawn and I had not met for coffee in a while. It was past time for that so we did that over here Thursday morning. I was so glad to see her since she has just gotten back from England. She came bearing a very nice and thoughtful birthday gift, plus wonderful pictures of England. We had fellowship over coffee and muffins. I neglected to get a picture of us like I had planned. The camera was even sitting right there so I wouldn't forget.

The wonderful gift she brought me was a Gooseberry Patch cookbook and sweet goodies from England.



This is the wonderful cookbook she gave me. She also loves these wonderful books and collects them. She has quite the collection herself.

Then Friday came. My 45th birthday so I spent most of the day with the wonderful lady that gave birth to me on a stormy afternoon in 1965. My mom had a doctor appointment so I drove her there. After her early morning appointment, we stopped off at a Walmart then she treated me to lunch. I chose Dairy Queen! Yep, I sure did! Her and my aunt are the only two people I know that will go there with me so when she said she'd buy my lunch I said Dairy Queen. It was yummy too!
Her and her hubby Charles gave me a beautiful pair of pajamas as my gift. Oh how Lillie Mae likes lounging around in fresh pj's! There's just nothing more comfortable is there? And yep, I showered, put them on, and got all comfy for an evening at home!


My two special guys asked me where I wanted to go out and eat, but I decided to stay in and have pizza. Wayne went to get pizza and some ice-cream and I made brownies. That was just perfect for me.


In the picture above, those bright eyeballs under Wayne's arm is where I tried to include Banjo in the family birthday picture. He just wouldn't behave himself. Imagine that! You see that beautiful pink linen strawberry napkin on the cakestand? That was my grandmothers. I have a set and never do get to use them because they don't match anything. I love them so much and am so grateful to have them.

Wayne came home from work with the beautiful pink carnations and a wonderful card from him and Matt. I almost cried! He's just way too sweet of a hubby.
I told Wayne not to buy a gift because since my nephew is getting married this month I plan to go out and buy a new dress that I can wear there and later to church. Unlike most ladies, I do not enjoy hunting and buying clothes. Your mouth is probably hanging open right now or you've got a puzzled look on your face but it's the truth. I do not like shopping for clothes. If I happen up on a sale, I look and if I like it and it fits I may buy it! That's when I get clothes.
Just a little note about the wonderful weather we've been having, we've been blessed with rain every day for a week now. We've been sunny in the mornings, then an afternoon shower except for one day that it flooded almost all day. As I sit here typing this post it is drizzling. Yay for the garden and flowers.


I hope you've been doing just fine and having beautiful weather too. Thank you for dropping by Lillie Mae Acres again. Take care, and come back soon.




6 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday,it sounds like you had a great day with loved ones and... LOL, Banjo looks like a space alien there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!
    Banjo cracked me up! I saw the "glow" by Wayne's arm even before I read what you wrote! I knew it was Banjo Boy! Too cute!

    I myself rarely buy clothes, I prefer to wear what have or get thrifty....don't believe in spending lots of $ on clothes. I wear what I' comfy in!

    Cute post Denise! Thank you for sharing your bday with us!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a very blessed Birthday Denise! Best wishes from me. I KNOW you are going to enjoy that new GBP cookbook :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm much like you in the shopping for clothes department. If I do go out with the specific intention of buying something it takes me several trips to find just the right thing. But if I just happen to see something I like and it fits - I buy it. Much less hassle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blog! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one not making muffins from scratch every morning! My kids have always loved Martha White muffins! I do make them from scratch when I have more time on the weekends.
    www.akagramma.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy belated Birthday to you!!

    Oh how I love GBP cookbooks too! So sweet for you to receive one as a gift. I love all the pictures you've taken of your family and home. You have a beautiful family! And a beautiful home!

    We've had a lot of rain too and I just love it! It was a wonderful rain today.

    Enjoy the rest of your birthday week! =]

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.