Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, June 21, 2010

Obstacles & A full Schedule can be a Good Thing

It has been so hectic around here, more so than usual. I've been saying that I was dreading Father's Day since my dad passed in February. Well, the closer time came, the more hectic my schedule became. Wayne's and my birthdays, Mother's Day, a family wedding just this past Saturday, and getting the backyard prepared for a new patio.
I know now that I was thinking less and less about Father's Day. Even in making sure Matthew had Wayne a card and gift, the doom and gloom of grief didn't set in. Not until after my nephew's wedding Saturday evening. Then it hit me that I was fixing to have to face it. But, Sunday morning plans were hectic and rushed. I thought about my dad and was sad but I didn't have time to give myself a chance to sit and think about it and cry. Sunday afternoon came fast, then Sunday night church. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks!
My Monday plans all along were to go to his favorite restaurant, the one we met at every year, the Monday after Father's Day so I could buy his lunch and laugh and eat our favorites. Nobody was available to go with me, so I planned to go alone no matter what! Well, wouldn't you know the cement for our patio was scheduled for 9 a.m. this morning and Wayne wanted me to hurry in town and get back so maybe I could fix the crew a lunch.
That's where the title of this post comes from! Obstacles and A full schedule can be a good thing, On my way to town this morning I was praying and crying when God brought that to my mind. He put all of these activities, events, schedules upon me in the last few weeks so I would be able to make it through Father's Day. Now isn't that just like our Heavenly Father? He knows our every little need, He knows exactly what we need and He knows exactly how to deliver that need to us. I needed obstacles and a full schedule. I didn't need to go today and cry my way through a lunch just because I thought I wanted to do it in my dad's memory, I didn't need to have a melt down yesterday and not be with my 2 favorite guys enjoying ourselves. I love and miss my dad very much, but he is in Heaven. He is happy, healthy, pain free and care free. I wouldn't want him back here suffering and constantly worrying about the future. I have the assurance of knowing that I will see him in Heaven one sweet day so I am not going to cry!
God is so wise and I love Him with my every breath.

This is my 100th post. I thought about having a giveaway but have decided to wait until my one year bloggaversary. Thanks for stopping by Lillie Mae Acres and reading about my happy life on our little farm. Come back soon and know that I sure do appreciate you! I sure wish my Gooseberry Patch cookbook would come, I'm receiving it free since I have a recipe in it. I don't know the page number yet but it's my Georgia Tomato Roast in the slowcooker.

3 comments:

  1. Boy can I relate to this post. I have a hard time in church when they recognize all the fathers on their special day. I so want my dad to be there to be honored! It doesn't matter how rational we try to be with our thinking or how much time has passed. It still hurts when Daddy is no longer there to celebrate his special day with.
    I'm glad God put obsticals in your way and helped you thru your sadness. Imagine a life without him in it! Now we would really have something to be sad about!
    Hugs to you,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see your recipe in the new Gooseberry Patch cookbook Denise ~ you always make the yummiest things ♥
    LUVS~N~HUGS
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love how our Heavenly Father knows just what we need and takes care of our needs. What a wonderful testimony you have of how He brought you through a difficult day. That is a wonderful story and thank you for sharing it! It brought tears to my eyes. I'm so thankful for God's faithfulness to care for us!

    Congratulations on getting your recipe published! Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.