Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Lucille is Rolling Again








Lucille is our beautiful red (she does need a paint job) 1959 Massey Ferguson tractor. One of her tires rotted and would no longer hold air, not even enough for small jobs. So there she sat, out of commission, probably feeling unloved and under appreciated until hubby's birthday.

I told Wayne that he needed to go get his own birthday gift earlier in the month and told him that I wanted him to get a tire for Lucille. Of course he agreed to that, and we do have several Tractor Supply stores in neighboring cities. We just love those stores, don't ya'll? It's so fun just to go in and browse at all the supplies and I like that they also have some indoor/outdoor home decor.







I know there's a lot of bush hogging that's being done now. Things have a way of growing up and looking bad in just a short time. And the next time our dirt road needs grading, Lucille will get the honor of helping with that too. She's got a lot of years behind her and she's got a lot of years ahead of her. She knew she wasn't parked for good, she knew we wouldn't just let her sit there and turn into a rusty skeleton.

6 comments:

  1. Massey Ferguson, "He's a get-up-early, keep-'em-rollin', Massey-Ferguson kind of a man."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucille is very pretty:) I think my mom had a car named that once, LOL! Enjoy your day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Lucille is an oldie but a goodie !! Enjoy your weekend Denise : )
    LUVS~N~HUGS
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband has a 1958 Massey-Ferguson model 65 that runs on propane. I don't think she has a name though. I'll have to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute post! Goooooooo Lucy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My husband named his Allis Chalmers "Dorothy Faye" so I giggled when I saw your tractor was also named.

    So glad you were able to get her running again. We only have 2 1/2 acres but the tractor is helpful for so many things!

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.