Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Sunday, May 16, 2010

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweet hubby of mine!



As I said in the post before this, it's been so busy. In between all the happenings in that post about last week, my sweet Wayne had a birthday. I wanted his birthday post to be all by itself though. He turned 54 wonderful years old on Tuesday, May 11.

Tuesday night, Matt and I cooked big juicy onion hamburgers with all the trimmings and made sure Wayne's favorite flavor of chips, Dill Pickle Chips were on the table too. Our favorite is the yellow bag of Lays regular chips, so they were on the table too. While we ate supper, homemade vanilla ice-cream was churning in the churn on the back porch and chocolate syrup and fresh whole strawberries were waiting on that. We gave him a beautiful card about getting "old" and he knows that his gift is a new tractor tire whenever he goes and get's it. He really needs it and better go get one soon because the front acres need a good bush hogging.

We waited until last night to go out for a birthday supper. We went to the Olive Garden and boy howdy was it yummy!!! I thought they were one of the restuarants that gave FREE dessert to people on their birthdays, but found out they don't. Oh well, we were full anyway.





Matthew, waiting patiently for his Tour Of Italy to arrive. I'm so full, I just want to go lay down.



Back to the homemade onion hamburgers, here's what all I added to the meat. I put several pounds of hamburger in a large bowl, added all the salt and garlic powder I wanted to and then sprinkled in a generous amount of onion flakes. Dried onion flakes make them so yummy!!!

Have a blessed day!

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to your hubby! Sounds like a fun celebration! And next time I make burgers, I'm going to try your recipe - sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your hubby and sounds like you had lots of goodies to eat:) Nothing beats homemade ice cream that's for sure:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillie happy birthday to you hubby. It looks like y'all had a great time.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog..lol..don't fuss at your son too much for taking pictures of nature, who know one day he might wind up in National Geographic.
    I walked out and those 2 were on my patio bench and I just couldn't resist.
    Please stop by and visit again soon.
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy belated Birthday to your hubby! What a delightful way to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lillie,
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving the wonderful comment on my " Domestic" post.
    Happy belated Birthday to your husband.
    Blessings,
    Linda*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved this birthday post you did in honor of your hubby's 54th birthday! So so special. Loved all the pictures, too. You always have such a serene look about you...makes me happy and calm just seeing your picture.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.