Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dancin' Around the Farm





Dancin' around the farm, with my camera in hand. We finally got a decent rain shower this afternoon, I guess I should have taken a picture of that but didn't think about it. It was nice though.

I just thought ya'll would enjoy a few (a bunch of) pictures. I've been changing a few things around as usual. I call it freshening up areas, I do this as I deep clean. Freshening things up usually doesn't cost anything you know!


Nothing knew about my clothesline! I use it almost everyday and LUV it.

This beautiful drip pottery lamp set me back a whopping $3.00 last week when my mom and I went junkin'.

That wonderful basket you see on the hearth sittin' on the cheese boxes set me back $1.00. I think my mom almost fell over because it was marked $5 and I just asked the lady what she'd take for it. She told me $1.00!

The green milk can is very old and sat in a flower bed for years, painted black. I have another one I plan to paint bright red for our new patio.

I repainted these ole Home Interior sconces a couple of weeks ago, covering the heart shaped cutouts with rusty metal stars. This cost me a whopping $0.00 since they've been mine and unused for years, already had the paint and the rusty stars.


This is the best I can do right now to cover these cords and wires since hanging the tv. It's a mess, but we're putting cedar on this wall (hopefuly real soon) and will hide everything inside the wall when we do. Yikes, I can see now that i didn't dust off the dutch oven lid. I promise I'll do that, especially since I purchased a real goose feather duster with a wooden handle. I've always wanted one and I LUV it. I've used those swifter duster things for years and am just sick of buying the refills all the time. I'm only keeping my extension swifter for my ceiling fans! Go out and get yourself a real goose feather duster and I think you'll LUV it too.




I put one of my end tables in storage so I could paint and use my grandparents old RCA record player cabinet. This picture makes it look much brighter than it really is. It's more of a barnyard red. This is Lillie Mae Acres, what other color of red would I have used? I actually painted it a while back and have no regrets. It's great storage too since Wayne gutted it.

Way back years ago Wayne made the beautiful wood blocked checker board standing behind the lamp for me when I seen one in the Smoky Mtns., and fell in love with it. That's just like my sweet hubby, if I see something beautiful made out of wood, he usually ends up making it for me. Each piece is cut out and stained, then put back together. God has really blessed him when it comes to working with wood and building. Matthew is blessed with that talent too. I'm so thankful they share the love of woodworking as father and son.

My Iris have bloomed and gone for the year. Thay are so pretty when they all bloom at the same time, but this year they took turns. They were still pretty though.




I played around with the egg picture above, and now that I look at it the eggs look grey. Who wants grey eggs? Our chickens lay cream (supposed to be pink), tan, brown, light green, and light blue eggs. It looks like Easter around here sometimes.

Well folks, that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed the pictures and have a wonderful evening. Thanks for stopping by again.

8 comments:

  1. Hello Denise~~Everything looks so fresh and inviting. You got some get deals, good going!
    Love the old RCA chest! Looks great Barnyard red!

    You did well my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything looks wonderful and I love those wall sconces:) I love using my clothesline too, especially for sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life is grand at Lillie Mae farm !! Your decor is so comfy & cozy and the handmade touches from your hubby add so much charm : )
    What a wonderful place to live !!
    XoXo
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all that you share from your home! It all looks so ~homey~ and says "Welcome"...come on in! I love clotheslines...especially when they are in use. It is one of the things that I love when visiting Amish country...always clothes blowing in the gentle breeze. Sweet blessings for your weekend! Hugs ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! Thanks for stoppin by today! I thought you would like the rooms! Aren't they cozy??

    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs, J.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed my little visit to your farm! Your home looks great! I have some of those old Home Interior sconces too. I got rid of mine years ago, back before I did makeovers. But I bought a pair for 25 cents at a garage sale a few weeks back. Getting ready to blacken them up. Lol!

    Have a delightful weekend~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there, I so enjoy walking on your picture journey...so fun to see the gardens and your home!!! Blessings, Dianntha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for visiting my blog! I think you need to take some new pictures of your front porch all decked out in Americana! =]

    Have a wonderful holiday weekend~

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.