Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Simple but Oh So Good life

You know, it's a simple life that we live here on Lillie Mae Acres, but oh what a good life. Nothing fancy, nothing special to most people. Fancy enough for us, and VERY special to us though.
I just thought I'd take a minute and jot down a few of my favorite things, moments, and feelings.

**Five mornings a week, I get woke up between 5:15 - 5:30 for a goodbye from hubby, a kiss and a hug as I let him out the door. I'm usually groggy and sleepy but that's still one of my favorite few minutes. He takes a coffee with him so the coffee is ready for me too. Banjo is in full German Shepherd Guard mode since he's had a good night of sleep and he's happy that we're up. He's ready to play, roam around and see what's new in sight and sound.
**Every morning laundry and other chores wait for me to pay them some attention, and there is slight snoring coming from the back bedroom. Just knowing my son is safe and sound at home is a blessing.
**I love it when the house is quiet, then suddenly the LOUD sound of a banjo rings out, non stop for however long my son decides to pick. I may not really love it at that moment, but thinking about it now makes me realize that I really do!
**I love that I was raised in a Christian home and wouldn't want to live any other way. God has to come first in all areas of our life, family and home.
**I sure do like yard work a whole lot better when all three of us are outside at the same time. Taking pride in our little piece of earth is something we are proud to like and want.

**Family night out is always fun and something we've always tried to have at least one night on the weekend. Now that Matthew is getting older and not around sometimes, family night and any family time is WAY MORE important and cherished!
**I love being able to pick up the phone and call my mom, plus she's just up the road and close by. Oh how I love her and appreciate her.
**I aim to please my two favorite guys with food, and am so happy that we sit down to eat our meals as a family at the kitchen table. I love cooking for them and our family and friends.
**I so appreciate and love that I'm married to a man that can build almost anything I can describe or draw. He's a hard worker and loves God. I'm proud of the life we live, our marriage and how we've raised a well balanced, smart, and God loving son together.
**I love my computer and blogging. Also the nice people I've met through blogging.
**I enjoy that peaceful feeling when I've turned a MOUNTAIN over to God for Him to handle. He never lets me down.

Now folks, you know I could go on and on with what pleases me in life but that would be a long blog and you'd get tired of reading it. The things listed above just popped into my head as I typed so those must be what will reach out and touch someone reading this later this evening.

9 comments:

  1. Very sweet post :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  2. And who says the best things in life aren't free? Maybe they haven't read your post today. You have the choice to get up with your husband in the morning to share those special minutes with him. You have such a calming sense of security in your home. You have a God that loves you with no strings attached. And you have friends that think you are a wonderful person. How lucky you are. Thank you for making me think about my own life and what I have.
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for sharing this precious post with us today! I so appreciate your love for family and home. Good example of a Proverbs 31 woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely list of favorite things that brighten your days:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a simple but lovely post! The going's on of your day....so sweet of you to share with us...Love the flower & the images are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you sweet ladies so much for taking the time to read my post and leave such lovely comments. I do appreciate your friendship and support as well as enjoy your personal blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your life is ~ Simply Perfect ~ you are so blessed !!
    luvs~n~hugs
    Benita

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I absolutely loved this post! We have so much to be thankful for! I love the simplicity and also the peace that is felt in every word that you share. Sweet and simple blessings for your Sunday! Hugs ~ Teri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good thoughts to ponder. Yes, we are so very blessed with all the wonderful, simple pleasures God places in our life. It really thrills my heart! Thank you for sharing your list, dear one.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.