Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Monday, March 15, 2010

Your Humble Expert Opinions Please

Lillie Mae is calling for all her primitive decorator friend's humble expert primitive opinions. That was a mouthful!

Sit down, ponder through my problem with me and give me some advice.



Do you think I'm on my way to a finished spring look around the fireplace? Now keep in mind that I haven't cleaned the soot off of it or from inside it yet. I know we'll have a few more real cold nights before or around Easter. Keeping everything as primitive as possible, did the pretty sunflowers brighten things up just enough?




This ladder has not stood here long, it was winter when I did this. It's really a quilt ladder made by my sweet talented hubby. It has helped me display family heirloom quilts for years, so I decided it could help display Matthew's childhood boots and red long handles for awhile. The questions is, is it too wintery? Now that I'm sprucing things up for spring, do the long handles need to go back in the cedar chest?

Ok, I'm counting on some good advice from all you wonderful ladies. There are a few other little areas throughout that I may need help with soon. Things are moving kind of slow around here because I'm in the city almost everyday taking care of business these days. Cleaning up and redecorating is very therapeutic to me, if I can enjoy it and do it at my own pace.

I can't wait to read your input so I can move on to other areas and spruce them up a bit. Have a blessed evening and week.

11 comments:

  1. The daisies look great in your fireplace. I may add some in like an old vintage bottle on the bottle to add some yellow springy color up there to offset the heart. I just love your fireplace, its so beautiful....Love the ladder your hubby made, it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops I just saw my typo above. Second sentence should say flowers in some old vintage bottles on the mantle, to offset the hearth~Wow, I'm very tired, lol....Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with maybe a vase or bottle of the flowers up on the mantle:)I love the look of them behind your screen and love the ladder too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lillie Mae, just an alternative idea on decorating the ladder...you might want to consider going by the Dollar Tree (if you have one in your area), and choose some lovely spring garland flowers and work those around the ladder. I think it would be very pretty.

    Hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you ladies. I'll have to look around the next time I go into the city and try to find a vine or two of small sunflowers & others for the mantle and ladder. Great ideas. See, I just knew my friends would help me out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking a couple of crocks and maybe some bright yellow Forsythia tucked in here and there would really brighten things up. Purple such as Lilacs is always a nice spring color and it would go great with the yellow. You might want to add some light colored fabric or quilts to your ladder to give it a spring touch too. Good luck and let us know what you do.
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you have some of his overalls that you could change out with the long handles along with a vine?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness O. Granny, I sure do have a pair of tiny overalls. GREAT idea, here's a big HUG n KISS!!!! And yes Amy, I do love crocks so pretty flowers in crocks will bring some spring indoors. Man, everytime I have a problem I'm gonna put it on the blog so all you talented ladies can help me solve it! THANKS a bunch!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lillie Mae,

    Love the sunflowers. They definitely say spring and summer! I love the ideas you've gotten so far...another thing that looks great with primitive decor and says spring and summer that I like to add to my fireplace is birdhouses!

    Thanks for entering my giveaway and for following and encouraging us with our journey to Luke too! I appreciate you! Got you entered twice! Good luck!

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know Tammy, I have the PERFECT tall prim/rustic birdhouse. I need to dust it off and try to incorporate it. Thanks for the great idea. I can't wait to see a posting from you saying Luke is in your arms.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think it does need something on the mantle to brighten it up. The flowers look GREAT. I also love your ladder. Along with some overalls, maybe a pair of gardening gloves and a handerchief and what about a straw hat?

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.