Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Friday, March 5, 2010

Strength From Above

I thought of you with love today, but that is nothing new. I thought about you yesterday, and days before that too. I think of you in silence, I often speak your name. All I have are memories and a picture in a frame. Your memory is a keepsake, with which I'll never part. God has you in His keeping, I have you in my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I received my dad's cremains today. I've sat and held them while praying and crying. I'm sure I'll do that again and again. Although my heart misses him now and will forever, he's in Heaven and in the arms of God. He is happy, healthy, and whole. I'm so thankful that I serve a loving merciful God and I know where I want to spend eternity. I can only imagine the beauty and peacefulness!

Thank you again for all the prayers and thoughts. My sister and I, the grandchildren and our husbands are all going to be just fine. Easier days are ahead.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Sweet Denise, What a beautiful poem, I
    smiled and got teary eyed reading it. It's just lovely.....Hope you are doing the best you can.
    Your friend and pal.
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That poem is so touching. God bless you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillie Mae, What a lovely tribute to your dad. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. God is always with us but I pray for Him to hold you especially close right now. Blessings to you my new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear about your Dad, please accept my condolences. I will be praying for you.
    Thank you for sharing this beautiful poem, such a loving tribute.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lillie Mae, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's passing. I will have you and your family in my prayers. The poem you wrote is very beautiful and such a wonderful and loving tribute to your Dad.

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you to all of you sweet sweet ladies for your prayers and kind thoughts. I did not write this poem, but it sure is beautiful isn't it? It just fit my mood when I read it and I wanted to share it with you. I'm coping well and feeling more peaceful everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your father would be so proud of you. That was just beautiful. I cried as I read it.
    I pray that each passing day gets a little bit easier for you and your family.
    Big hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.