Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Here It Comes



Lillie Mae Acres is a mess. Here it comes, spring is definitely on it's way here in northern Florida and there's still so much to do. I've been neglecting this place around here for too long. The inside and the outside. Actually all three of us have been neglectful, and now we're gonna make sure Lillie Mae Acres gets all the attention she needs. I don't want the beautiful green grass popping up and seeing the dirty front porch, gross looking pool in the backyard, and the unkempt garden area. I want the first fragile blades of spring grass to pop through and look around and enjoy their surroundings.



Let's see, I've already started spring cleaning this ole' farmhouse. The kitchen, bedrooms, bathroom, and hallway linen closet have all been made ready. The living room and my dressing room/closet is a total disaster. The laundry room can't even be spoken of without shame.



And that's just the inside still to do! Ugh, I'm even more ashamed of the outside. Don't y'all worry though, we're gonna get right on it and not stop until we are finished and ready to host the first family gathering of spring. I had actually thought about a family gathering to close out winter but it seems too dreary sounding. There's been enough dreariness around here and I'm trying to cheer things and people up a little. My dad loved to laugh and tell funny stories, so the dreariness has got to be put on the back burner and the cheeriness on the front.



I'm also anxious to sit down one evening real soon and catch up on your blogs. I need some tips and ideas for freshening up a few areas of this ole' house. As always, I have some ideas rolling through my head. One BIG idea that is always in my head and has been for a long time now is for hubby to build me a long farmhouse harvest table for the kitchen. Bless his heart, he wants to do it but it will take a lot of time and energy. He'll surprise me one day though.




I hope you've enjoyed this post and have a blessed day. Come back soon, and remember to use the backdoor because that's where all my friends enter.

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart for all your prayers, thoughts, and support throughout the recent death of my dad. Life goes on and we have our cherished memories. Heaven awaits!

12 comments:

  1. I'm glad your feeling a little better sweetie and what a wonderful post with the nicest pics:) That top one looks like lil' Lily Mae in her garden:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello my friend. This is such a cute little post, your spirit made me smile and the pics are so cute. Glad to see you back at blogland!
    Missed ya! Thank you for stopping by my blog today! Hope to catch up with you soon!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post sounds fresh. I can hear a sense of peace in your writing today. You are exactly right when you said life goes on. Would our dads want us to think any other way! I am so ready to get busy on our yard for spring only we still have maybe 2-3 inches of snow that is just waiting to melt away. I sure hope it is soon!!!
    Enjoy your day,
    Hugs,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog today, Lillie Mae, through FarmgirlCyn's blog page. I am adding you to my blog list so that others can be encouraged as I was today when reading some of your posts.

    What a blessing you are. Praying for you in your recent loss of your Papa. I understand all too well the things you've shared about losing him. You see, I've already walked that path ahead of you. ~hugs to you~

    Dianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lillie Mae!
    I know exactly what you mean about the yard bein' a big ol' mess. Spring is just barely creepin' in, and as of today I do believe all the snow is gone from our little piece of earth. Cannot wait to get my hands in the dirt again and start some early spring peas and lettuce!

    xoxo,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much everyone. You all are just too sweet. I hope to be able to sit down this evening after supper and enjoy reading some blogs too. Luvin' my blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lillie Mae, I just wanted to stop back over for a minute and thank you for stopping by this evening. Your comments were so sweet...and thank you to for becoming a "follower". That was special. Glad you enjoyed your visit...come anytime. The door is always open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect pictures for your post. The 3rd one from the bottom reminded me of a "Dick and Jane" story when they went to visit their grandparents on the farm. At least that's the way I remember the story. It's been roughly 55 years since I read those books. Have a wonderful weekend! Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't walked that road yet of losing a parent ...bless you my new friend ...you faith surrounds you

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog it's so darling! Full of charm the whole thing is just so like a blast from the past! Great job! By the way I am so sorry for your loss...I will be praying for you and your family. God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I have never been to a Hobby Lobby yet. There isn't one in the Tampa area. I think the closest is Ocala!!! poop! I do love Michaels tho! Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  12. P.S. me again, did you see the name I picked Out for my blog?

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.