Lillie Mae Acres

Lillie Mae Acres

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Busy Little Life

Lillie Mae is busy busy busy! I've got so much going on right now. It's all good though, well most of it.

I received "the letter" the other day. You know, the letter all of us Gooseberry Patch followers and collectors dream of receiving! The letter informing me that one of my recipes has been chosen to be published in a future cookbook! That letter! So real soon I'll be able to apply the button to the side of my blog that says I've been published.

I'm still just tickled pink! Still smilin' wide, and of course my joyous news overshadowed hubby's joy of getting himself a new pickup truck. I mean, a truck is not nearly as important as being in a Gooseberry patch cookbook, we all know that! Well, maybe they are about equal, but hubby let my news be the news of the night around here until after supper.

I'm also designing a birthday cake for Matthew that looks like a banjo, almost true to size. All of this designing is going on in my head, and it's just whirling around from one idea to another. I have no fear though, I know what I want and how I want it. I just have to pull it all together for a finished delicious tasting birthday cake for his 16th Birthday party. We're just going to have a few friends and family over on a Saturday night for Bluegrass pickin' and a fun night of chili and cake. I also plan to whip up a batch of homemade oreo cookies. The more chocolate served the better!

Below, are a few pictures I found on the internet to go by when making Matthew's birthday cake. These are wonderful and mine may not be as pretty as these, but I'm gonna give it a try.
.


Now if mine doesn't turn out even half as good as the ones above, you won't see pictures. If it does, of course I'll show ya'll.

It's way too COLD again here in Florida and we have a busy weekend planned. Ugh, I do not like getting out in the cold. I'm over winter now and I have spring fever so bad.

Hopefully tonight won't be too cold because we have plans to go to band practice for the group Matt's in, and that'll be fun Christian fellowship indoors. Then tomorrow morning, I have a day planned with some wonderful ladies from church. There are four of us that get together for coffee and of course it goes on into lunch. Matthew named us The Golden Girls, and of course the name stuck. We call ourselves that now. Of course our day together is spent with good clean fellowship and laughter. I remember The Golden Girls tv show could get a little dirty. We just call ourselves that because there are four of us, varying in age, and we have a wonderful time when we get together. And two of them are mother and daughter.




Well faithful followers of Lillie Mae Acres, please stay warm and have a wonderful weekend. Meet me back right here on the farm early next week for coffee and fellowship. Remember to come to the back door because that's where all my friends come in. You don't have to take your shoes off either. These poor ole' floors are swept so many times a day around here with all the boots tracking in and out. Our little shoes won't hurt them.

9 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upcoming GBP cookbook. I've had that honor and my family can tell you there is usually dancing when THAT letter comes to my mailbox :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    P.S. Love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy about the recipe~~ Let me know where to find it, once it comes out!~The photos of the cake, look wonderful! I'm sure yours will be just if not better~

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely wonderful news Lillie Mae!! I love all the Gooseberry Patch cookbooks!
    Do tell us where to find your recipe once it comes out! I think you'll do a terrific job on that banjo cake!!

    Blessings,
    ~Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. CONGRATS on getting published!!!!! That is awesome and exciting news! Those cakes look wonderful too and I bet they taste yummy as well ;) Enjoy your day Lillie Mae:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, is the cake finished yet? lol.
    I think I will try my bird inspired shade when I get a free moment!
    Wishing you and yours a wonderful weekend!
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually the birthday party is next Sat, Feb 20. I'll be pulling my hair out trying to create the cake next Friday evening. There's a house full of people coming too, oh what did I get myself into by claiming I could make a banjo cake??? Life is fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations. I am an avid GBP follower. And I love the Golden girls.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an honor to be published in a cookbook. Can you give us a hint to what the dish is? Cookbooks are my favorite kind of books. I bet you were so excited when you found out! That cake looks amazing. Please share your pictures of your version when you get it done. I'm sure it will turn out great.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    AMY

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your very kind words! It really makes us smile to come across posts like this one.

    Good luck with Matt's banjo cake too! We'll stop back to see your pictures...they're sure to be great.

    ReplyDelete

Lillie Mae luvs comments. Thank you for taking the time to read and leave a comment my friend.